Chapter 43 : Forgotten

Start from the beginning

"Um... a few years ago?" Jimin asked back, shrugging, "They say I lost some memory after the accident, when I was seven or something."

"Jimin, we literally talked four days ago," Yoongi said, pursing his lips together.

And I rejected your confession.

"Oh, sorry but I don't remember you," Jimin said, giving a small smile before turning around to leave the place immediately.

"Hey! Just answer this alone!" Yoongi shouted, as the younger sighed, walking back to him.

"What?"

"Who told you about the accident?"

"My parents, of course," he said.

And before Yoongi could respond, Jimin went away immediately. He didn't know how to react to this unknown guy, that got him a bit suspicious, making him run immediately. He was a bit scared, to be honest.

"What the hell...?" Yoongi muttered to himself, his eyes following the path Jimin ran away a second ago.

----------

 "Yoongi, you're so distracted," Yeonha told him, stopping what he was doing a second later.

His uncle was teaching him the weapons, and a basic idea of how to handle it, but Yoongi was just kept on nodding absent-mindedly. He couldn't concentrate after what happened with his earlier encounter with Jimin, and it bothered him.

Jimin forgot him.

He was just... forgotten. By Jimin. By his first and only friend. Someone who was with him in every situation, and talked to him without judging him, for being poor.

There was this constant tug in his insides, that just wouldn't go away.

"Nothing, uncle, don't worry," he muttered, as his fingers traced on the sharp metal part of the knife.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi, I can't teach you like this. Tell me what's bothering you, please?" The elder asked sighing.

"Nothing, just... My friend lost his memory," Yoongi said, frowning, retreating his hand back, "And he lost where I was there. He doesn't remember me. Only me."

Yeonha raised an eyebrow, at that.

"When did you last contact him?"

"Four days ago!" Yoongi exclaimed, "That's the thing, I don't know what happened then. He says he was in an accident... and that made him forget things. And that accident happened years ago, he's saying!"

"That doesn't make sense..."

"Yeah, like hell it doesn't!" He snapped, getting extremely frustrated.

"I'm really sorry for you, son," Yeonha sighed, not knowing what else to say, "But can I know his name?"

"Jimin, Park Jimin," Yoongi mumbled softly.

"Park...?" The elder asked hesitantly to which Yoongi just nodded, and Yeonha knew it. He knew the boy—son of his rival gang.

Yoongi was friends with him?

"It's just... I really like him, not in that way of course. But he was the one who talked to me despite my poorness, and he's really rich too. He didn't care about that status, and we were friends for a really long time. I didn't talk to him for four days, and he's oblivious of who I am! Like, completely!" Yoongi exclaimed, "We were best friends for seven years..."

Yeonha froze, hearing the last sentence.

"I'm... sorry to hear that," he whispered, not knowing what else to say.