Title, Cover page and Synopsis (@Vtuberislife)

Alright, allow me to introduce the basics of the basic of writing a book, the title, cover page and synopsis.

Title, easy right? Yet PEOPLE STILL CAN'T F*CKING DO IT CORRECTLY.

Ha, allow me some deep breath, ha. Ahem anyway, title, here are some bad examples that you can follow if you want your book to not stand up or you just want to cater to the terrible taste of the Wattpad community.

Male Reader Insert x Popular Female Character

Male Reader Insert x Popular Genre

Abused!Neglected!M!Reader x Popular Genre

And with that, these are examples that you shouldn't follow...What? You say that they are popular in Wattpad and that I'm being biased? Well please jump out of the window now because I'm teaching you to write a book not f*cking satisfying your fetish for a certain kink. And don't ask me how these books get popular in the first place cause the more I think about it the more I'm depressed about the Wattpad community. (This is why this book is created by the way)

Anyway, now some explanation. Why do we need a title? Easy, lure the reader to actually reading your terrible book without putting in much effort! Among the many bad books on Wattpad, a good title is the difference between getting exposure or sinking down into the abyss with the other books. (Unless Wattpad algorithms mess you up which sorry to say you are f*ck)

Now here comes the tricky part, creating a title is actually part of the process of filtering your reader and setting expectations which I hopefully will cover one day. So in this case I will just briefly cover this part.

First of all, make your titles simple yet sharp, and if you are writing fanfiction try to include in the fandom you are in as this may or may not let your book appear in the search results. For example, When Night Fall (Rwby). Use words that your simple-minded reader will understand and avoid bombastic words, you're not impressing anyone here instead you will scare them away from your book. And here are a few ways to create titles.

1.Typical Naming Format

' Time Lord (Fandom if you aren't original)'. Quite normal, nothing special about it. This kind of title is normally aimed at the reader expecting an actual original book with its own unique plot and some quality from it as it leans more to an actual book and not light/web novel.

2.Light Novel Naming Format

' My Disciples are the Antagonist of this World?' These kinds of titles aim to attract readers through their unique or not unique trope and plot. Also readers will expect a more light novel approach to writing style.

3.The Ultimate/Legendary/Strongest + System/Op tools

'My Level Up System'. Aim to attract readers for a certain kink, which in this scenario is a power fantasy. (You can make it smut too) Readers will expect the Mc to get stronger and stronger with every chapter (Or bang more and more women if it's smut.)

4.Abused/Neglected Male Insert x Fandom

Go f*ck yourself, I ain't explaining this shite.

There are a lot more types of titles so don't limit yourself, in general, make it interesting and relate to your book! Don't put the title of 'Overlord in the deep abyss' and make it a slice of life, you are just putting a death sentence on your book.

And for the cover page, I will explain some things as I know a lot of people have some questions about it.

The general rule is, as long you aren't profiting from other's artwork, you are good to go. Feel free to credit the artist if you want (This book didn't because I can't find the source anymore) but your book won't get banned or taken down. (Unless the artist went through the hassle to report your useless book) But if you are writing an original book and want to sign a contract with some publisher/website you will have to draw one yourself or commission some artist, art free of copyright will do too.

Now back to the cover page, upload something dammit and don't just leave it blank. Just upload some art that you like a lot and it will be good to go. If you want more detailed things, typically a very cool-looking Mc or a beautiful drawing of a female character is good enough to lure those readers in to read your book. Just, don't, leave, it, blank! You can edit your cover page if you want and if you have the skill for it, but I will say it doesn't make much of the difference in the end.

Also, your cover page conveys a message to your reader about what they will be reading. If it's focused on romance then upload the Female Mc as your cover, if it's war then upload some scenes that you can imagine happening in your story. As repeated above, relate it to your story.

And for the synopsis, this is the important part as it determines whether your reader will actually read your chapter after being lured by your good looking artwork from other artists and your fancy titles.

First, WRITE YOUR SYNOPSIS! Don't leave the whole synopsis an essay about how insecure you are about your work or why you want to write it in the first place. Perhaps you can leave a 'Not a native English speaker/Bad grammar' at the end as some heads up, but never in the f*cking front. A synopsis without an actual synopsis is a good way to deny you of readers.

Now for actual writing, try to include an interesting plot that is in your book, hint at some plot development in the synopsis. Perhaps the hero falls in love with the antagonist, perhaps it's about how powerful your Mc can be, showing off the cool part of your story. Make the reader blood pumping or laugh because of how silly the development in the story is, make it interesting. As a general rule, show off as much as you can, as vague as possible, don't write an actual book inside your synopsis silly!

And for your synopsis, write the best you can and fix your poor f*cking grammar. I don't care how bad your actual book is but your synopsis must be P E R F E C T! This is the key to make your reader to actually click into your book. 

Use tnse like these to sure your reader you has gramar skiill and can quantify as aathors defnalaety.

Grammar is important and every author should strive to improve that, any others who say otherwise are just lazy and should be ashamed for publishing their work. (Say by the author who has terrible, terrible grammar and sentence structure.)

Well this will be the end of this topic which I may or may not add more into it in the future. Will be covering more topics in the future so stay tuned? (While I try to content myself with the urge to release my WIP book.)