Besides, he had his own company now. The company for which he had worked hard for years. It had slowly grown over the years and was now more successful than his father's company. He was proud of what he had accomplished. Despite his father's indifference, he would never forgive his brother because he had attacked on one thing he loved the most- his family. But since their father had prevented his arrest, he had let the matter go with a restraining order against him to keep his family safe.

It was hard moving away. He had found a brotherly figure in his friend Daniel Stone. Both of these families were like one and suddenly, they had to leave everything and everyone behind. He and his wife had adjusted to the new environment somehow, even their youngest daughter, who didn't know better and was content seeing the new toys and dolls. But their eldest daughter had taken it the worst.

She was heartbroken because of her separation from her bestfriend. Nick had to do everything in his power to not return back from halfway that day when he'd heard his daughter cry in the backseat, every sob piercing through his heart. She would cry and yell at them every waking hour, blaming them for taking her Mickey away from her. But the nights were the worst. She would wake up in the middle of the nights, crying out for her friend and have regular nightmares.

It had broken his heart little by little every time he heard his precious little girl's quiet sobs and at the same time amazed him seeing the depth of their friendship. Especially when he learned from his friend that the other boy was in no better condition.

His little daughter had grown up to be a lovely girl despite everything. She had grown as a strong, responsible girl and he was so, so proud of her. But even when she smiled, he'd seen sadness hidden far behind in her eyes. But today, it was nowwhere to be seen. And for the first time in all these years, he had seen a real smile in her eyes. His carefree daughter was finally returning back as well. He couldn't wait to get back home.

Lily White sighed as well from the passenger seat. They were finally returning. Returning to that one place that had truly felt like home in the sea of houses they lived in. She had seen her husband spend tireless nights in his office, working, searching and collecting evidences that could rid them of his brother's evil schemes. She had seen their daughter being miserable in the absence of her bestfriend.

Those were the times she'd feel guilty. Guilty for coming into Nick's life. If it hadn't been for her, he wouldn't have to go against his father and marry her. He could've married the woman his father had chosen for him. A rich, successful woman with whom he'd be running his family business. He wouldn't have had to move frequently if it hadn't been for her.

These thoughts would eat her away at nights while she waited for her husband to return from work. But when her husband finally came and held her close, as if knowing exactly what had been running through her mind, she'd feel a little easier to breathe. A little less guilty. And when one night, while they were in each other's arms, when her husband whispered against her ears, she'd realised what she'd always known. It was all worth it. Their two children wouldn't be there if she hadn't come to his life. She wouldn't have found her love and gotten her wonderful little pieces of her heart if she hadn't met him. And looking at her eldest daughter now, who couldn't contain her happiness, she truly believed. Everything was worth it.