Chapter 5

Zodiac Zach – Don't leave home without him.

ARIES (March 21-April 19) Physical activity will alleviate stress. Offering your skills in unusual ways will open new opportunities. You have more to offer than you realize.

An hour later, Mikaela was reclining sleepily on a deck chair out back by the lake. She had enjoyed a delicious shrimp salad and fresh bread. She found the most decadent homemade chocolate chunk cookies (thank you person who does the cleaning and shopping) and enjoyed two, well four, if you counted the ones she had eaten standing up. Which technically, she knew, did not count.

When she came out to the backyard, she was stunned to see a full-sized tennis court and a glass addition, housing a swimming pool. The light glinted off the domed roof and glass panels, and the water shimmered invitingly inside. An indoor swimming pool. Was anything more luxurious? She loved to swim. In the summer, she was in the lake every day, and in the winter made a point of going to the local pool two or three times a week. She eyed the pool and wondered if Sam would mind if she went for a swim.

Mikaela pushed herself up and wandered over. She tried the handle of the glass-paneled door, but it was locked. Oh, too bad. It looked like a beautiful pool. There were tropical plants and more reclining chairs inside. A stack of beach towels sat near a slate bar. Shades were drawn around some of the walls, maybe another experiment in technology?

Turning to go, she spied a box on the doorframe like the one at the front door. She flipped open the lid and with only a slight hesitation, pressed her index finger to the scanner. The doors slid silently open.

That was cool. Mikaela wandered in, admiring the pristine condition and elegant stone surrounding the pool. Dipping her hand in the water, she sighed with pleasure at the soft warmth.

Mikaela stood at the edge of the pool weighing her options. She didn't have a swimsuit. She looked outside at the forest surrounding the pool house. Not a neighbor in sight. She hadn't heard or seen another soul in the past hour. It was only two o'clock and Sam wasn't expected back for another two hours. What would be the harm of a quick dip? A few lengths, half an hour tops. It looked so inviting. She would feel refreshed and could burn off some of the sexual energy shimmering through her.

Enough good reasons, Mikaela thought, and with one more glance around, stripped. Folding her clothes and leaving them on one of the chairs, she went to the stairs and waded in.

Mikaela sighed with pleasure as the warm water brushed her skin. She couldn't recall skinny-dipping, ever, but decided she should definitely do it more often. Diving underwater, she enjoyed the silky brush of water against her breasts without the encumbrance of a swimsuit. She swam the length of the pool and with a flip and a push off the wall, eased into the rhythm of doing lengths. Eight strokes, flip and push.

Mikaela continued with the easy rhythm until her arms and legs burned from the activity. She slowed down, flipped over, and floated on her back, letting the water lap around her breasts. The feel of the water on her skin was sensual and soothing, but it was time to get out, towel off and get dressed before Sam returned. Mikaela turned and dove one last time, heading to the stairs. 

Sam arrived home. He grabbed a cookie off the counter in the kitchen and headed to his bedroom to change. The dinner was still four hours away and the weather had become warm and sunny, so getting out of his suit became a priority. He shed his clothes and threw on shorts and a T-shirt. Mikaela wasn't inside, but he knew she had to be around because the Jeep was still in the garage. After grabbing another cookie from the kitchen, he wandered outside to find her.

He expected to find her reading on one of the deck chairs and was surprised to see them empty. He looked out at the lake, but it was quiet. The doors to the pool house were open, and when he paused to listen, he heard a rhythmic splashing. Sam wandered closer and stopped as Mikaela flipped onto her back and floated across the pool.

The gentlemanly thing would be to walk away and give her some privacy, he thought. She looked completely relaxed and stunningly beautiful. It was hard not to imagine how soft that skin would feel under him. How it would feel to run his hands down the smooth, slippery length of her body. How would she react if he joined her? Just slid in there with her? He watched her head for the stairs. Guiltily, he took a step back.

Her head whipped around with his movement and she slid back down into the water.

"Hi. You're back early."

Sam shoved his hands in his pockets, grateful she couldn't read his mind. "Yeah, it didn't take as long as I thought it would. I guess everyone wanted to get out and enjoy the . . . weather," he said, trying to focus.

"Right, well . . . I decided to go for a swim."

"It looks inviting. I was thinking of joining you."

"I'm just getting out," she replied quickly.

"Oh . . . too bad."

She looked away, avoiding his eyes, and cleared her throat. "Well, if you could just turn around. I, ah, didn't have a swimsuit, and I'd like to grab a towel."

"I can get one for you."

"Yeah, thanks. But I think I'm good. If you could . . ." she said and twirled her finger, indicating he should turn around.

"You know, I am a doctor. I've seen naked women before."

"I'm sure you have. Being an eye surgeon and all," she drawled. "If you could just turn around?"

Sam grinned and spun around.

He didn't mean to watch. He hadn't intended to, but the combination of light and glass turned the windows into a mirror. The reflection was crystal clear as she took a deep breath, fanned herself, and walked up the stairs and over to the table with towels.

When she slipped, Sam started. 

****Author's Note: Hey Everyone - Thank you very much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this preview of Perfectly Honest! That's all I'm able to share with you. If you'd like to purchase it to read the rest, it is available on Amazon ( and free in Kindle Unlimited). Here are the links:

Canada:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08V9CWRMK

United States:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V9CWRMK

United Kingdom:

https://www.amazon.co.uk//dp/B08V9CWRMK

Thank you for all your support!! I really appreciate it :D

Laugh every day. Love every minute. Linda****