Christmas Eve Ball (2): Ch.27

Start from the beginning

"Thank you everyone for coming, I'd like to say a few words before the starting dance. Firstly I'd like to thank the head boy and girl for preparing this wonderful Ball, they've done an amazing job dealing with everything for the past 4 months. Secondly, I've invited everyone here because After that tragic, tragic war, we all deserve a break. I felt It necessary that we unite and honour those who lost their lives to make ours better. A moment of silence for those strong and selfless people"She announced. Everyone quieted down, Hermione wrapped an arm Ginny, knowing that her mind instantly went to Fred. It was the most silent minute they've ever experienced. Hermione saw McGonagall take out her handkerchief, and blow her nose before talking again. "Tonight I'd like to have 3 special students, the ones who are to thank for the downfall of The dark lord. Their first encounter with him was during their first year, at the age of 11, when he tried to take the Philosopher's stone. If it weren't for them, we could've been in war till now, he could've gotten back to power earlier then we expected. I'd like to thank, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ronald Weasley, please come to the front"She continued.

Hermione liked how McGonagall respected her request, to call her by Hermione Granger and not Mya Parkinson.

Her, Harry and Ron headed to the front and sat down in the chairs beside McGonagall. She handed the mic to Harry, and told him to begin. "Yes, um, thank you everyone for gathering here to celebrate our first War-free Christmas in 3 years. But I just want to remind everyone, Just because we celebrate, it doesn't mean we've forgotten those who lost their lives. Remus Lupin, Ted Tonks, Nymphadora Tonks, Fred Weasley, Lavender Brown, Sirius Black, Dobby, Professor Severus Snape, Colin Creevey, Professor Albus Dumbledore, Cedric Diggory, Lily Evans and James Potter, My parents and Many more. All these people sacrificed their lives, and we must not forget them"Harry said. There was loud round of applause, and Harry glanced over at the other two who smiled at him. He passed the mic onto Ron, who seemed unstable.

"I agree with everything Harry said, We shouldn't forget them and everything they've done to help us, They fought and cared for others, they protected others while their lives were at risk, they did everything they could to help and we should appreciate that. They're watching over us, and they know their lives didn't go to waste, thank you"Ron announced. Ron handed the mic over to Hermione, while the audience clapped. Ron, however didn't look her in the eye, clearly still upset with her.

"Their speeches sum up half of mine but I still would like to add a few things. We all lost someone in the war, whether it was the first or second, we're all suffering with what happened and are trying to recover. That's why we should help each other, we need support to stand on our feet again, we need someone to relate to and to know we're not suffering alone"Hermione began. "The same people that passed are also the same people who would've wanted us to keep going with our lives. We should all keep going, in honour of those who died, they left to give us a better future and we shouldn't let their death got to waste"She said. There was more applause and McGonagall took the mic. "Thank you, the 3 of you, for your speeches and your actions"McGonagall smiled at them. "We'll give everyone time to recover from those beautiful words, and we'll begin the dance in ten minutes"She added.

She put the mic away and turned to them again. "I tried to get her to leave but Rita Skeeter insists there's an interview. So come on, over there in the corner"McGonagall said, leading them to the other side. Rita skeeter had her photographer beside her and note pad in hand. She smiled at them and gestured for them to sit down. "So, I heard some interesting information, About all three of you"She said, grinning almost evilly. "Like what?"Harry questioned. "Many things, but let's start with you, I heard you're going out with Parvati Patil!"She told him. "I'm with Parvati, not Harry"Ron snapped. "If you're with Parvati Patil, who're you with?"She asked Harry. "I'm with the love of my life"Harry shrugged. Rita glared at him and turned to Hermione. "So you're with Lucius Malfoy's son are you? Would you like to explain how it happened?"Rita questioned. "I don't have to explain anything that goes on in my life"Hermione smiled back sarcastically. "So is that a yes? How do they feel about this?"Rita kept asking questions. "I don't read their minds to know how they feel, but yes, We're together"Hermione said. "And what about you being a pure blood? I over heard you talking with Jenny Parkinson"Rita said. "Why ask when you already know the answer?"Hermione questioned. "Well I just want to make sure, are you their long lost daughter, Mya Parkinson?"She asked. "No I'm a tree in their garden named Philly"Hermione said sarcastically. Harry and Ron covered their laughs with coughs as Rita snarled at her. "What about you Weasley? Is it right that you're going out with Parvati and Padma Patil? That's what we heard from her"Skeeter turned to Ron. "What?"He said, sitting up straight and all humour being put aside. "We heard from Parvati Patil that you went out with her twin sister"Rita told him. "Ron hasn't left the house in 5 days, last time he went out was with me, Hermione and Ginny, he didn't go anywhere near Padma"Harry defended. "They began dating a week ago, and they only went on 2 dates, they're lying"Hermione added. Ron felt a bit shocked, he had been acting rude to her for the last 20 minutes and she still defended him. "Well, why don't you go get her?"Rita suggested. "Gladly"Hermione snapped, getting up from her seat. Rita was smirking, knowing she was gonna get a juicy report.

Hermione went up to Parvati and Padma, who were talking to some boys from another school. "Both of you, come"Hermione snarled at them. The two glanced at each and followed her. She led them back and made them sit down in her and Harry's spot. "So? Mind explaining?"Harry questioned. "Explaining what?"Padma asked. "Repeat yourself"Hermione snapped at Rita. "I interviewed you two this afternoon because I thought you were dating Harry Potter, but then you told me you were both dating Ronald Weasley. You told me he was going on dates with both of you and trying to make you hate each other"Rita announced. "Let Us explain"Parvati tried to say but Ron glared at her. "You did it to get on the news"He snapped. "Yes but-" Padma was trying to explain but Ron interrupted. "Me and you are over, you hear me, done. You were just trying to get on the news"He snarled at Parvati, getting up before storming off. Harry went after Ron but Hermione stayed back. "False news at a school arrangement, could've ended terribly, 5 days of detention with filch"Hermione told them before walking off. "I don't know why she's talking, she's just as bad"Padma scoffed. "Mind explaining?"Rits asked. "All the boys have been chasing after her when she was sorted into Slytherin, every single one! It's like she's manipulating them. Everyone asked her out and was obsessed with her, I'm sure she used a love potion, no doubt"Parvati said. Rita was about to write it down before Remembering the deal she had with Hermione. "Go away, I have business"Rita snapped, standing up before her and her photographer walked away. The twins glanced at each other, feeling annoyed. "I lost my boyfriend just to us some fame, he's so dramatic"Padma rolled her eyes.

A few minutes later, The dance begun. The dance began with Harry, Ron and Hermione, dancing with their partners. Ron had asked Luna to dance with him, which she agreed to. Harry was in the middle, while Hermione was to his left and Ron to his right, Each having their mixed thoughts. Hermione wanted to hit that smirk off of Draco's face, she suspected it was glued to his face. Harry was terrified about the proposal. Was Ginny gonna accept it or not? Ron was experiencing some strange feelings. He was looking at Luna in a different type of way now. He used to look at her as the strange quiet kid, now he looked at her as the beautiful brilliant blonde. He suspected that he'd liked her ever since she came over last week to see Ginny. The three of them were feeling different. Harry was anxious, Hermione was annoyed, and Ron was in love.

When the music was coming to the end, Hermione slowed down the dance, gesturing for Ron to do the same. He was confused but did so. Harry twirled Ginny around, her dress whipping around her. As she slowed down, Harry was taking the ring out of his pocket, and Hermione nodded at the band. The music was at a slow pace, which is what Hermione planned. He got down on one knee and held the ring box. Ginny's hand was on her mouth, surprised. "We've been together for nearly 2 years now and I already know you're the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. You understand me better then anyone else and because of you, I have changed in many ways. You, Ginerva Molly Weasley, were the 1st person I thought of when I felt like giving up in the war, you were the reason I kept fighting" Harry told her. "Will you Marry me?"He asked. Ginny reached her hand for his wrist, pulling him up to her level, before raising her hands to cup his face. She nodded, her eyes glistening with tears before pressing her lips on his.

The audience burst with applause and cheers, ringing around the room. Cameras flashed, reporters trying to get the best shot. They already knew what to name their articles:

A Christmas Ball to Remember