𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒

~Nay'lani Dior Miller~

"Mommy?...Daddy?" 6 year old Nay'lani called out from her bedroom where she was awaken by a loud sound.

Little did she know...the loud sound was made by her uncle's gun.

Tiptoeing down the long hall, little Lani opened her brother Nasir's door.
"Bubba! BUBBA!" she whispered. "wake up please!"

Nasir stirred in his sleep and slowly but surely got up to tend to his little sister.

"What's wrong Nay, why are you up?" he asked sleepily.

"I heard a loud noise an-..." she was cut off by her 8 year old brother. "It's okay Nay i'll go see" Nasir said wiping his sleepy eyes.

"NO!!! Please don't leave me Bubba...i'm scared" Nay'Lani exclaimed as she gripped Nasir's arm.

"Nay i'll be right back aight?" he tried to convince his sister while ignoring the bad gut feeling he had.

"Pinky promise?" said Lani, causing him to sigh and turn back around

"Pinky Promise" he said once they locked fingers.

Nasir left out the whole Lani stayed behind. If only they both knew it would be their last "Pinky Promise"....

End of Flashback

Nay'lani jumped out of her sleep with her heart beating faster than ever.

She was having one of those dreams again.

She sat on her King size bed trying to catch her breath and not think about the horrific events that happened to her as a child.

Finally getting herself together, she got up and went into her large bathroom where she handle all of her important hygiene. After taking a shower she turned off her LED lights surrounding her room, and went downstairs to eat by herself.

This was a normal routine for Nay'lani...being alone was her thing. she only had one friend which was her cousin Kiara. She and Kiara had never really been close until the incident happened.....

Flashback

"I heard my Mommy tell Auntie Jackie that you were going. to stay with us for a while..." little Kiara voiced to a traumatized Lani, as they sat on the back of a ambulance outside of Lani's shot up house. Instead of waiting on an answer, the at the time 7 year old grabbed the 6 year old's hand once she saw the tears running down her face.

"I miss them" Lani whispered

End of Flashback

She shook the faint memory from her head and went back upstairs to get dressed. Deciding to go with purple scrubs today, Nay'lani headed down to the garage after grabbing the keys to her red Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. Once she started up her car, "Female Goat" by Lakeyah ft City Girls immediately started blasting through the speakers.

" That's that bitch that keep pullin' out them foreign cars
Put it in reverse to give your broke ass that jump start
I hit my dance on these bitches like I'm Skuba Sada
Drip on me heavy, got these bum hoes scuba divin'"