Clinicals (Chapter one)

I smile at my niece and nephew as we jump on their netted trampoline, the fall leaves falling down onto the ground.
"Daddy!" Ben exclaims as Tom walks out of the glass back door and towards the trampoline.
"Hey kiddos!" He says as we all file off, the two kids giving him a hug.
"Hey sis, shouldn't you be studying?" He asks as I wrap my arms around him, walking into the house.
"Yeah. I was but little Vivian got me out here somehow." She giggles innocently, her blonde hair falling in front of her face.
"But how was practice?" I ask him, sitting on the couch.
"It was the same ole, same ole. But we have a semi- banquet coming up this weekend. Would you like to come? A bunch of cute, single football players are going to be there." He winks.
"As much as I would love to, I might just stay and study some more. I'll watch the kids." Tom rolls his eyes.
"No. We've already got someone taking care of that, you're coming. No if, ands, or buts about it."
"But, Tom, ple-!"
"No, you deserve a night off." He interrupts me. Ugh.
"Gisele, tell your husband to stop being a butt- face." I say with a baby face.
"What has he done this time?" She crosses her arms, standing in front of the tv smiling.
"I told her about Saturday." He says, giving her a knowing look.
"Are you coming?" She says excitedly.
"Um, well," I start.
"Please come, sweet heart. You'll enjoy it!" She smiles, sitting beside me.
I've always loved Gisele. People say that she's just with my brother for the money but I know that she genuinely loves him. She's even taught me a little Spanish.
"I guess I'll come." I say in defeat.
"Yay!" She says hugging my neck. I hug her back laughing.
"I have clinicals again tomorrow." I groan, laying my head on the back of the couch.
"I hate to break it to ya sis, but tomorrow's the day we come to the children's hospital." He says, smiling slightly.
"Oh my God. I'm going to die." I say.
"Hey it'll be fun!" He says positively.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk down the long hallway covered in children's paintings of flowers, blue skies, heaven, etc. with the doctor who is working with me.
"It's a very long, interesting day when your brother's team comes to visit the kids. One of the players usually wind up getting a nurse or doctor's number." The black haired doctor says.
I just nod silently.
As we near the lobby of sick children and giant football players I see my brother talking to a guy about four inches shorter than him, with his hair parted to the right.
They both soon notice me and walked towards us.
"Hey sis!" Tom says hugging me.
"This is Julian," he says. I smile at the blue eyed man and shake his hand.
"Hi, Julian. I'm Tay. I've heard a lot about you. Well if you guys don't mind I kind of have a job to do so..." I awkwardly trail off.
"Work hard, Taylor." Tom calls as I walk off. I throw him the thumbs up and go meet Dr. Shaley.

****OMG HEY GUYS! A new story, eh? I hope it's not bad but anyways leave comments/ likes if you want. Thanks!! :)