"Why not? It's expensive, parking is a joke, it's either rainy or cold ninety percent of the time, and it's full of rats" 

"and go where?"

"anywhere? you're a chess player, I am a poker player. Practically speaking we can live anywhere"

"I guess so"

"Didn't Beth just buy that big two bedroom house?"

"I am not moving to bum fucking Kentucky?" He argues

"Why not? all your friends live there?" 

"I am not moving to Kentucky"

"Even if we could afford like a two, three bedroom house for our children?"

"No. I am not going"

"Fine" I sighed "But somewhere" I sighed 

"somewhere... I'll think about it" he sighed "but we are staying here for a while" he says

"Yeah, for a while" I smiled "This place better be clean benny"

"....uhhhhhhhh"

"Well then we know what your doing when we get home"

"Okay" he sighs "To be fair when i left the apartment the situation was... considerably different," 

"Yeah it was"
"when I left I was single, and lived on my own, and didn't really intend on bringing a lady back so"

"So it's a trip"

"Well you'll see" 

"And now your coming home with a wife"
"It's been a weird week" 

When we parked up I gathered my stuff carrying my suitcase and my coat, I glared at benny a little as he picked up throwing his one bag over his shoulder he slightly rolled his eyes and picked up my other suitcases for me 

"Thank you husband" I giggled 

"Yeah, yeah" he sighed locking his car so I smiled and took his arm

"Lead the way husband"

"Are you going to keep calling me that?" He sighed and I nod "Fine, Come along then wifey" he smirked slapping my butt as he headed down the stairs I followed down into the darkness seeing a few doors 

"WHich-" I began

"Down here" He calls from the other stairway down 

"Really?"

"Yeah?"

"I am not going up and down these lugging groceries, Hell no" I sighed as I wondered down trying not to touch the foul smelling wall and less said about the handrail the better. the one light outside a dark metal door shining so brightly with that artificial sting, he unlocked the door pushing it open and flicking on a light switch, I followed him down as he put out stuff down on the floor slipping his jacket and hat onto a rack by the door, I peaked in seeing nothing but darkness. He wondered though clicking more lights on revealing the apartment and My now home.

it was fairly large I couldn't deny, the large door to my right, a small metal pole protecting me from the small drop down of about two steps, the rack of jackets and such on the wall with the light switch. I could see the little kitchen even if there wasn't much of it, a small four person dining table, books and book shelves on every surface, a old tattered leather chair and ottoman in what I would guess as the living space, with various black and white cushions. a few lamps stern around, as there was only maybe three beaten up celling lights, But the thing that drew my attention was the clutter around the place, clothes, chess books and various just... stuff.