Chapter 6: The Thief

Start from the beginning

"Yes, there is! Stand back you two!"

Sein commanded, as she gathers up energy as the sludge monster approaches, when it was close enough Sein expanded all the energy gathered into an explosion, incinerating it into a crisp.

"Woah... that was amazing Sein!" Ori said.

"Thank you, Ori, it is my duty, after all, to guide and protect..."

"OOOWWW!"

Sein and Ori turned to see Aaron with a tiny spiky slime latching on his leg.

"You missed a spot..."

He carefully picked it and threw it on the ground and then proceed to crush it with a nearby stone.

"...hope it wasn't poisonous..." he said.

"Don't worry Arron. The glowing of that decay was merely a defence mechanism to intimidate and ward off any threats."

Aaron has some doubts, but Sein did claim to be the 'Wisdom of the spirit tree' so he takes her word for it. Further on, they come across an unstable wall of debris, blocking the way. But then Sein charged up her attack and destroyed the wall, allowing entrance to a cave.

Into the cave they all went, exploring deeper into a cave until they come across a ledge, where thorns greet them at the bottom. '

'We need something to cushion those spikes, otherwise, we can easily guess what will happen.' Aaron thought. Upon looking up he had a minor heart attack.

"Oh god eww, is that a spider nest?"

A giant rock that's is covered in egg sacs, that is alive and moving. No doubt this is a nest of large spiders. Aaron is not a fan of spiders, they terrify him.

"Ori! That rock up there where the nest is hanging! If we can destroy it, we should be able to cushion the fall and allow us to proceed through!" Sein said.

"...you sure you want Ori to get near that thing? It looks very much alive..." Aaron said.

"I'm sure I will be fine Aaron! They're just spiders." Ori said.

She jumps on his back, followed by a jump to a nearby wall, as she climbs towards the nest, bringing Sein along with her. Sein then charges up and destroys the rock, dropping the nest down to the hole, providing a platform to jump on. They then jumped down, (with Aaron carefully climbing down as to not break his legs from the fall) as he then landed on the nest. The spider silk was dangling around, but it gave Aaron an idea...

He then gathered up some silk to the best of his abilities and stored it in your bag, saving the silk for later.

"What are you doing with that silk Aaron?" Ori asked, puzzled.

"Just an idea I'm going to try out later, see if it works or not."

Aaron quickly then jumped off the nest before a spider decided to jump on him. He then quickly spot a shadowy four-legged(?) figure, as it jumps away.

"Did you see that??"

"See what Aaron?"

"There was some weird... 4-legged spider there in the distance."

"...Aaron, are you scared of spiders?" Ori giggled.

"NO! nononononono! It's not that! I'm just... cautious! That's all!" he stuttered.

"Sure, you were" Ori said with a grin.

Aaron groans in defeat. He won't be able to change Ori's mind now. Reaching another purple lake, they hop from platform to platform until a large spider from the ceiling comes down and hisses at Aaron as he screamed in response. Sein then comes to his aid and blasts away the spider before it attacks him. Ori and Sein then just laughed at him. Aaron's reaction was just too funny.