18. Realisations

Magsimula sa umpisa

Shen Wei helplessly shook his head. His grip around the stick tightened loosened in nervousness that scared Yunlan even more.

"Wha-what is the last thing you remember, if I may ask?" Yunlan nervously asked while getting off the bed from the other side, wanting to move as far from Shen Wei as possible.

There he saw Shen Wei's glasses, he picked them up but now contemplated whether he must give them to Shen Wei or not. Evading a blind Shen Wei would be easier, he thought.

"You... you hit me..." Shen Wei hesitantly spoke, he looked down in embarrassment. Suddenly he was feeling sorry for himself, unaware of the fact that he had paid back Yunlan for that slap, and that too with interest.

 Suddenly he was feeling sorry for himself, unaware of the fact that he had paid back Yunlan for that slap, and that too with interest

"I hit you, right. I hit you." Yunlan watched Shen Wei with a straight face, knowing that the latter was not able to see his expressions.

He rolled his eyes and gave Shen Wei his glasses. The moment Shen Wei wore his glasses, his eyes swelled to see Yunlan's condition.

He had finger marks on both his cheeks, a bruise sat on the corner of his lips, his hairs were all over the place.

"Wh-what happened to mh-h-h-you?"

Yunlan was never going to tell anyone what happened to him last night, "Fell off the bed." He tried stretching his neck and instantly groaned.

Being experienced in falling off the bed, Shen Wei wanted to talk about the finger marks on his cheeks but then thought better of it.

Both remained quiet.

Both scared of each other.

Yunlan fidgeted at his spot, Shen Wei fidgeted at his'.

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm leaving..."

Both spoke at the same time

Both spoke at the same time. Both looked up at each other's face.

There was nothing Yunlan could say to convince him to stop and there was nothing Shen Wei wanted to say.