2. Becoming Friends

As I walk alone on my way to school I feel a hand on my should I turn around and see Bucky with a grin on his face.

"hey stranger" I say playfully.

"hey" he replies

I look around trying to find Steve.

"Were is Steve" I ask 

"he is usually late" he replies

40 minutes later.

"Your late again Mr rogers." our teacher Mr. Tully says as he watches Steve come in the class room.

"hey Steve" I say trying not to get him more embarrassed.

"hi Nick" he says.

"Hey Bucky" Bucky says With a grin.

"oh Steve I brought some newspapers for your shoes I notices how you tend to trip it works and it cost less.

"oh- th- thank you n-nick" He stutters strangely I frown in confusion. he seems to be uncomfortable.

Bucky notices my confusion and he explain " Our stick Steve has well lets say no experience when it comes to girls."

Steve's face immediately flushes red and embarrassment and shame hang on his head.

"Don't worry Steve, I have no idea how to even talk to people in the right way, one day your shyness will disappear without you even realising it." I reassure him patting him on the back.

"Thank you Nick" he says smiling at me with out embarrassment.

"see? your already improving." I say playfully nudging him.

Bucky suddenly pulls me closer to him and my heart skips a beat. His warm breathe touches my ear and I feel his hand on my arm. I sit their still and I don't know what to do.

"Thanks for doing that I really appreciate it" he says in a whisper so Steve doesn't hear.

"No problem"

"wait- Are you Blushing!" Bucky sounds surprised

"No!" i says covering my face.

he grins from ear to ear.

"Steve! looks she blushing! He laughs and nudges his friend "look how red she is! she so adorable!"

Still blushing I turn to Bucky.

"what" i says

"Not in that, not that i mean your arent cute you are cute not that i dont like you- I don't-" Bucky is cut of by Steve.

"Now your blushing." He said looking back and fourth at us.

***

"Come on Nick it will be fun, my mother said I could invite however!" Bucky said

"No I don't wanna ruin your day!" I say

he looks at me with a puppy face, I really wish that didn't work on me. but how the hell am i supposed to resist those blue eyes and pouty lips? Also i didn't want to ruin our friendship and go back to being alone  if i just left, giving up his extraordinary chance.

"free food is like the best thing in the world right?" My attempt to be more confident starts with a small grin and his face lights up like a Christmas tree.

"The best thing ever!" he says. a little signs of joy spreads across his face.

"Okay great lets go then!"

***

I stand out side of Bucky's door. What if they don't like me or kick me out or yell at me. I was beginning to not want to be here.

Bucky opened the door and motions for us to come inside. "Hey Mom! Steve and Nick are here!"

  We walk into the apartment and i look around curiously, while Steve walks into the house that is probably like home to him.

A woman with dark brown hair stands by the stove her back is facing us, when she turs her eyes are shining with warmth and kindness.

"Welcome back! Steve you must have grown!" her grin was alot like Bucky's but with more Mischief. She pulls Steve into a hug. Catching a look at me why peering over Steves shoulder.

"You must be Nick! My your even more beautiful then what James had described!"

"Hmm what?!" the words slipped out of my mouth as she spoke.

"Mom!" Bucky groans "don't listen to her, the old woman doesn't know what she saying any more."

After I met Bucky Family we had dinner it was pretty good.

"I've got to go home." Steve Glances at the clock. it was 10pm. "My mom may be concerned about me."

"Yeah me too it getting late and schools starting again tomorrow."

"i'll walk you home" Bucky offered. but i shook my head i didnt want them to see were i live or how.

"oh come on, it dangerous in Brooklyn, i dont want you to get hurt"

it was actually really sweet of him. i kind of liked how protective he was.

"i'll be fine i promise." i say as i walk to the door.

Bucky blocks me.

"Nick Come one, i'll bring you home. i have time anyways." he starts at me trying to convince me with a deep look into my eyes, this time i cant let him win.

"James I'll be fine." I says. unknowingly I use his real name. he slightly blushes at this.

"your damn stubborn, Beckett" he sighs but he ends up smirking at me.

"Goodbye nick" he says. pulling me into a hug.

i blush at his actions.

"Goodbye Bucky." i hug hum back