"I'm telling you, stop that!" Reki cried out as I helped soothe the redhead who clung to me. I didn't mind the closeness between us since I always tend to feel at ease with Reki by my side.

"There, there, I'm here to protect you, always," I say as I pat his arm.

"Thank you, Y/n" He whispers only for me to hear but somehow the tone of his voice was a bit different, it sounded...like relief.

"Alright well then, we should all change as well, and don't forget to bring your boards, we'll meet right outside," Joe said as he was the first to get up, and with that, we all soon followed and did as we were told.

A few minutes later, once everyone changed into the inn's robe, we all met up outside.

"The first one to arrive at the hot spring will be deemed the winner and you're free to choose whichever path" Cherry instructed as we each got a hold of a map.

"So the ability to read maps will also be questioned?" Langa questioned as he looked at his map.

"Dungeons are my forte!" Miya said with a smile on his face as I looked up from my map to look at Langa who was practically shaking.

"Come on! Are we really doing this? It's dark out already, so why don't we do this tomorrow?" Reki said in nervousness as he gripped his board which made everyone give the redhead a deadpanned look except me.

"Carla, count down" Cherry said sternly as he got ready on his board. His high tech board listened to what he said and began to count down.

"3..."

"A morning bath would be great you know!" Reki said quickly as we all got ready in place, except for Reki.

"Two...One!" And off the others quickly skated, I was shortly behind but slowed down my pace since I noticed Reki did not move from his spot.

Reki? Why did you stay behind you dummy?

I took a swift turn back towards where Reki was and found him who was in a daze. Once I reached towards him I got off my board and stood in front of him.

"Reki! Come on let's go!" I say to him, making him break out from his daze as I waved my hand on his face.

"Y/n... you came back for me? Why aren't you up ahead?!" Reki said loudly in realization which only made me chuckle at his obliviousness.

"Because I noticed you weren't skating, and it's much better skating with the people you like, especially their best friend," I said with a gentle smile making the redhead let out a gentle smile.

"Ah you're right, sorry for the wait we should go now," Reki said now getting on his board as I did the same. The two of us skated away from the inn and tried to follow the direction of the map. So far the direction we were going seemed fine or at least that's what I thought...

"You know it's been a while...again, where it's just us two" I say while a cool breeze blew past us as we skated together.

"It really has, hasn't it?....You know watching you surf earlier today, it was pretty cool. I can see how you're able to catch up so quickly in skating" He says lowly making me furrow my brows as I glance at him.

"Well to be honest I was really scared out there, it's been years since I surfed but thinking of you and Langa helped me surf, it gave me a boost of confidence. It goes the same with skating, I think of you guys when I skate, it helps me" I say with a smile as we slowed more down as we skated.

"Really? But isn't your drive to also win?" Reki asked on slight confusion.

"Reki it's not always about winning for me, remember I went down that path once and it did not went well.  I really enjoy skating because it's fun and I do like trying to do the impossible sometimes" I explain to him. Should this be a good chance to ask how he really is? I've been asking him a couple times before when we get the chance to be alone but...he always makes an excuse.