-Laken's POV-

I found Ash in the performance room, I mean, where else would he be? He was once again playing the piano and he seemed pretty into it, so as an amazing best friend would do, I snuck up behind him.

"Sup, fucker!" I shouted, slapping my hand down hard on his shoulder, and the scream that left his mouth had me wishing I were recording.

"Very manly," I laughed, Ash stared at me with wide eyes and a hand over his heart.

"Hold on...hold on...yep, still works."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Just making sure my HEART IS STILL BEATING, Asshole!" He suddenly shouted and I cringed.

"Jeez, you don't have to blow my eardrums out, and what way is that to greet me after my near-death experience?"

"You had a minor fever, L, and you slept through all of it." True, true. I sat down next to Ash on the piano, trying to keep my mind focused so it wouldn't drift off the Damon again.

"So, what have I missed?"

"Well..." Ash said, running his fingers along the piano keys. Oh no, this bitch is not about to break out into song. Why do theatre kids do this?

"I asked Lacey on a date."

"Wait what?!"

"Got to school on Tuesday Late."

"Ah hah."

"Left my homework on the floor."

"Well, that's dumb."

"Beat my latest Pacman score."

"You still play that?"

"Got an Ace on my Maths test."

"Pfft, Nerd!"

"But got hardly any rest."

"Can't relate."

"And the café food was great."

"That's hard to believe.

"I saw K having lunch with Nate."

"For real?!"

"I even saw him smile."

"Now you're lying."

"I haven't seen that in a while."

"..."

"But honestly, it was all a bore."

"Huh?"

"Because I missed my favourite whore."

"Hey!" I smacked him and he burst out laughing, his fingers losing contact with the piano in the process.

"Who are you calling a whore?" I pouted.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist," he laughed, and this time I joined in, the only sound that filled the room was our laughter, until we finally managed to calm down.

"Did you really ask Lacey on a date?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess your speech gave me some much-needed courage," he sighed, a small smile on his lips.

"So, what did she say?" Come on, man, don't leave me hanging.

"She said yes, I'm taking her out on Saturday," he grinned, and I couldn't help but scream in excitement.

"I'm so happy for you, man!" Hell yeah, my boy got a date.

"Now it's your turn," he smirked evilly.

"What?" My turn for what?