How long

"I blew it." Harry complained hitting his head off of the Gryffindor table for the third time. "He was going to tell me something and I blew it."

"Apologise." Sophie hummed taking a bite from her sandwich.

"He isn't going to wanna talk to me Soph how do I apologise?" He said shaking his head at his sister.

"Go talk to him after class, he won't be busy teaching then." She shrugged.

"Sophie's right." Hermione said. "Your going to have to apologise anyway if you don't want an awkward rest of the year, so why not do it when he's not busy."

"Fine I'll talk to him, but he probably won't wanna talk to me."

"Well you figure that out brother." She said with a smile standing up and patting him on the head. "Enjoy your free period guys I'm off to defence against the dark arts."

"Enjoy." Ron laughed in between mouthfuls .

Sophie slowly walked through the corridors to her classroom, this was one class she had with Mason and she hadn't spoken to him since the train incident. She knew she needed to apologise for lashing out, she just hoped he understood there living through a war, things are going to be tuff.

Strangely, she wasn't late to her lesson she had followed a crowd of Slytherins in from behind and made her way to her desk, which was already accompanied by her partner.

"Hey." She said taking a seat beside the boy.

"Hi." He replied smiling at her.

"I'm sorry for, shouting." She smiled. "I shouldn't have, things have just been. Difficult."

"Yeah I get that." Mason nodded glumly opening his work book. "You don't need to apologise though Soph, I shouted just as much as you did."

"Well let's just ignore that then shall we." Sophie smiled patting the boys hand. "Friends?"

"Friends." He agreed.

Defence against the Dark Arts class went by incredibly slow. Maybe because it was Snapes way of teaching, maybe because she felt awkward because she was beside Mason or maybe. Probably this one. The lesson was on werewolves.

"For homework I want you to write a 800 word essay on what to do when you encounter one of these creatures." He sneered dismissing the class.

Not fun at all. Learning and studying how to kill not only herself, but her godfather as well as the mysterious werewolf that may or may not be at Hogwarts too. Maybe if someone had befriended this guy he wouldn't have joined Voldemort's side in the first place. Sophie knew what it must have felt like, the Dark Lord was promising all these things to the werewolves, to make them live a happy life without having to be locked away, what was Dumbledore offering? Nothing. If it wasn't for Remus and Harry, no matter how selfish it seems, Sophie couldn't see herself fighting for the right side, they had nothing to offer the girl after the war. As well as needing to register once she turns seventeen.

"Hey you okay?" Mason asked, he was walking alongside the girl to the library in search for some more books on the creatures. "You seemed a little quiet in class."

"I just, I hate having to write an essay about them." She sighed. "Especially with Remus."

"You know." Mason smiled taking ahold of her hand. "Remus was a great teacher, my views didn't change on him when I figured out what he was, but why he worked for Dumbledore I haven't a clue."

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked looking down at their intertwined hands and then back up at him.

"Dumbledore has never offered werewolves anything has he." Mason shrugged. "I mean, not even in this war whereas Voldemort on the other hand has offered them what they seem to view as everything."