Chapter 17 || A Bright Light.

A few days passed. It was just full of fighting off enemies.

You, Revali and Teba were standing upon Vah Medoh. You were saving Vah Naboris from getting taken down by some kind of skeleton moblins and a pack of guardians rampaging towards the tall Divine Beast. "So many monsters... how would we even get through all this...?" You sighed, looking down at the view of village locations which was now ruins with guardians and monsters walking around the crushed houses lit with flames. Your eyes gazed over to a small village which seemed to have not been attacked yet, Hateno Village.

'Mother... Please be safe.' You thought with concern pasted onto your face. Revali looked at you and turned you around to look at him. "We'll get through this together. I promise." His voice was calm and gentle, even though he was also a bit scared of facing such a powerful foe, he still made sure to protect you and his home. You slowly nodded and held onto his hand as you walked back over to Teba, who was staring down at the, now defeated, guardians and moblins. It went silent for a moment before all three of you heard a faint scream which sounded like someone was calling out for Link. You quickly turned and saw a bright beam of light fly into the air. It was followed by more screeches of the ganons. You also noticed that the guardians that were caught in the light eventually fell onto the ground. "That must be the princess' power finally awakening." Revali spoke up.

"What could've caused it though...?" Teba asked, staring at the light as it slowly died down. You smirked a bit, "Her appointed knight of course!" You smiled, you had always believed in those fairytale books you red when you were a child. So this meant, you had a feeling that a princess would fall for her companion. The rito both tilted their heads as they looked down at you. You felt awkward and looked up at them, "What...? It could be true!" Teba suddenly understood and agreed with you. Revali shook his head, "How can the princess fall in love with a Hylian that just owns a sword found in the forest..- ow!" He sounded like a cuckoo once you did that. He rubbed the back of his head. "It seems Y/N doesn't like your silly words, Master Revali." He said jokingly. Revali pouted before getting interrupted by the fight below the four Divine Beast now ending. You all watched as the princess got the attention of the knights, who were trying to fix the destroyed area around Fort Hateno. You couldnt exactly hear what she was saying but you knew it was about the battle against the Calamity once the knights all cheered as they held their swords and spears up into the air. The next day, the princess wanted help from everyone to fight off the monsters attacking the Great Plateau. Vah Medoh was back at Rito Village while you and everyone else quickly began attacking the enemies.

You, Zelda and Link were suddenly teleported to the Shrine of Resurrection. They seemed to be used to it whereas you were a little amazed by what a cold slate of technology could even do. "Let's go. We have to save the people trapped inside the temple!" Zelda said, her voice seemed to be more confident than before. It was probably because she had finally awakened her power. A few minutes later, you had already fought off the remaining monsters and ran inside the temple. The princess stopped for a solid moment, her face full of shock. You looked up and saw the King standing there, facing the goddess statue. Eventually, the Yiga Clan followed behind. You were a bit anxious but Link gestured to you that they are now on your side. This calmed you down as you continued to watch the wholesome moment that sat infront of you.

"This little thing saved me..." The King spoke, holding a small object in his hand. You and Link tilted your heads slightly as he began explaining how three guardians, which were now corrupted, cornered him and the Royal Guards. He was going to fight back until a glowing blue light began to flash in his pocket and so he took it out. The guardians began making a beeping noise.

They shot.

But instead of killing the King... They were parried by the small circle that had become a shield, big enough to protect him and the guards. He then told the guards to withdraw and began making an escape out of the castle. "With all those precious gifts, you have saved my life." He smiled down at his daughter, placing the shield in her palm. "While I accused you of evading your duty... in truth, perhaps I was guilty of the same. Forgive me." Zelda looked down at the shield then back up at her father, she replied with a croaky voice. "That's not... Father... You've always loved me... Everything you've done has always been for me." She said softly, wiping a small tear away as she stared into the fathers eyes. "The burden, the heavy load you've shouldered all this time... from now on, please, let me help you carry it." The king smiled, "Zelda... You are my pride... and indeed, the pride of all Hyrule." You smiled a bit at this touching moment until getting interrupted by the Yiga's dramatic crying.

The king then walked towards the small crowd of people who were present in the temple and spoke in his loud, beaming voice. "Now, let us rally our forces for a final push! Troops from all regions shall gather at Hyrule field. Alongside our princess, we will retake Hyrule Castle!" The knights and Yiga nodded at the idea. This is where the real battle starts. You and Link looked at each other. "Well Link, I'm glad to fight by a friend's side." You whispered. You noticed a small smile on his face.