Chapter 11 || What Is This Feeling?

After a few minutes, you let go and smiled softly, "Feeling better now?" Revali looked a bit sad once you stopped hugging but you didn't seem to take notice of that. He didn't really know what to say so he simply just nodded in response. You then turned your head towards the view, your eyes landing on where the flight range is hidden, "Revali?" You said, still staring at the range from afar. "Could you maybe teach me to use a bow and arrow again? I would like to learn how to use one so I can be able to fight for myself." He was silent for a bit before answering, "Sure.. but it may take some time." You smiled and got on his back as he flew down Vah Medoh and made his way to the flight range.

After landing, he placed you on the ground and went to get a spare bow for you. He then came back with a falcon bow and handed it to you. "Wow... You Ritos sure do have quite fancy bows." You mumbled and he chuckled lightly at your statement. He then brought you back down into the snow then decided to put targets on some of the trees nearby. "Alright. You remember how to hold the bow correctly, right?" He asked just to make sure.

"Yes, I remember." You replies before holding the bow up and aiming it at a target. You shot the arrow and watched as it flew in front of you, only to watch it hit the tree the target sat on. "Hm..." You sighed before trying again. Missing the target with each new try. Revali seemed a bit triggered by watching this so he went to grab his own bow and gave you a demonstration on how to aim it perfectly. You stood to the side and just watched until he finished, trying to copy his exact movements. You inhaled deeply before shooting the last arrow you had, finally hitting the middle circle on the target. "Good job, Y/N. It's getting late though... we can continue this tomorrow morning." Revali said as he stood above you on the railing on the landing. You sighed, staring at the target before climbing up the ladder and putting the bow on a desk and sitting near the fire. Revali sat next to you and began cleaning his bow.

You warmed your hands up near the fire. You then got a feeling of a blanket getting thrown on your back, you knew who it was since you could hear his clawed feet tapping against the wooden planks as he sat back down next to you. Honestly... you weren't even that tired yet so you got up and walked to one of the shelves which had quite a few books lined up in alphabetical order and examined all of them until making up your mind and picking out the one that stood out most to you, sitting yourself back down next to Revali and beginning to read the book quietly in your head. "Not tired yet huh?" Revali broke the silence, still cleaning his bow. You didn't even hear him as you were too interested in reading. He placed his bow down beside him and turned his head to you, reading the title of the book you were almost finished with. "That book was really good." You said as you closed the book shut and went to put it back.

Revali was staring out at the night sky as you wrapped yourself back up into the blanket. "Aren't you also cold?" You asked, it was quite a silly question considering he is a rito after all, "If so then feel free to join me." You lifted up one side of the blanket to reveal an empty spot right next to you. He looked shocked by your sudden offer, "What?! N-No! I can sleep without a blanket!" He crossed his arms/wings which made you giggle quietly. "Suit yourself, birdie." After saying that, the room fell silent again but you could hear someone shuffling next to you and joining you wrapped up in the blanket. You smiled. You then started to feel a funny feeling appearing in your stomach and also feel your heart racing, 'what is this strange feeling ? usually this never happens when im near him! wait...-' you immediately knew what the feeling was since your face began heating up once you felt his feathered arm wrap around your small waist to move you closer to him. He didn't seem to notice your red face as he was just staring down at the fire.

"You really should sleep." He stared down at you with a calm face. "Right..." You didn't really have anything to say since you were still questioning the feeling that was still roaming your stomach, "I'm going to go sit out on the landing for a bit." You said as you brushed the blanket off your shoulder and walked outside onto the landing. The feeling was now gone since you got out of the blanket. "Hm..." you yawned softly then began walking back to Revali, who was now fast asleep. As soon as you got in the blanket with him again, the feeling came back but you tried your best to ignore it since you don't want it to ruin your sleep.