6

The blonde sat in the bathroom, inside the tube. He has been told about these bathtubs. Only the riches people have those and he thought he would never even get to see one in his whole life... Yet here he is, sitting in one.

Water was surrounding him just underneath his chest. Suddenly, hot water was pouring on his head, making his hair so wet it laid down. He didn't realize how long his hair had become before now... It's nearly to his shoulders when it's laying down...

As soon as the water stopped, he took a deep breath in as he couldn't breathe when the water was pouring on him.

"Sorry. Two more buckets and the bathtub is full, I think... Coming soon." The silver haired said and went to warm more water from the sea.

The blonde relaxed for a second before getting his guard up again. It's hard to not relax when you sit in a warm bath for the first time in your life, but he need to have his guard up. He is in a stranger's house and she could be whatever. A psychopath even...

He found himself relaxed once again and quickly tried to put his guard up, but it's so hard not to relax after being fed and is about to get cleaned up...

What's next? Sleeping in a warm and comfortable bed?

More water came pouring down on him, filling the bath with water halfway to his shoulders.

"Seems like it was enough with just one bucket more..." Elizabeth said and put down the bucket, slightly tired of all that work to fill up just one bathtub. The next thing she did was grabbing the soap.

She started with putting soap in his hair and rubbed it in his hair and scall, making him flinch from the sudden touch.

"Oh, sorry. Do you want to do it instead?" She kindly apologised. He shook his head and said "It's okay..."

With that, she continued. When she was done with the hair, she started rubbing soap over his body to get all the dirt off. She didn't mean to touch him on a wound or bruise, making him flinch.

She quickly took away her hands and apologized "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. You can clean yourself the rest way if you want..."

"I-it's o-okay. Y-you can do it..." He mumbled, a bit unsure of what he was allowed to do or not. The blonde was also very confused from both the touch and that she had apologized. Why would she apologize to him?

Maybe this was his reward for all his suffering? To be with someone as kind as her?

Can it really be that? He thought. Then a small smile formed on his face. All the suffering wouldn't be in vain if this was his reward... A loving and rich wife... Can it be something more to ask for?

Slowly, she continued cleaning him, but this time, being more aware of where she was cleaing him to not hurt him. When she was finally done, she gave him a towel while going to clean his clothes.

As Meliodas was done drying himself, he went to look after the girl he didn't know the name of. It would be nice to get his clothes back...

He found her outside, putting his clothes on a thread between two trees.

"Can I get my clothes back?" He asked, making her jump of surprise. Then she turned around with a small smile.

"They are still wet, but I think they would be dry tomorrow. You can borrow some clothes if you want?" The silver haired suggested, making the blonde ask "Woman clothes?"

She giggled and said "No, my future husband's clothes."

She has a lover? Then this can't be my reward. When will my suffering end?

With a small smile to cover up his feelings, he looked down and nodded. She did however notice something wrong, which made her walk up to him.

"Hey? Are you alright?" She asked, making him just nod.

"Okay... Let's get you some clothes to wear then."

He gave a small nod and she led him inside to hers, and her future husband's room. She made him sit on the bed while she herself looked after some clothes for him to wear.

If her future husband, Griamore, find out, he will surely be pissed at her for borrowing his clothes, but right now, she didn't care. The blonde needed clothes to wear.

She got a pair of underwear, pants and t-shirt for Meliodas and gave him it, unsure if he would like them.

"Here. It's probably a bit too big for you, but it should do until I have made you some new clothes in your size." She spoke and quickly walked out of the room for him to change. It didn't take long before he came out of the room. As she thought, the clothes were way too big for him.

She giggled a bit at the sight, but quickly stopped as he started coughing again. In just a second, she was by his side and helped him back inside the room again.

"Here, lay in bed. You should rest a while." She suggested as she made sure he was warm, but he still seemed to freeze. He was shaking slightly...

"I will get you some medicine as soon as possible. Just try to go to sleep." Elizabeth reassured, but it didn't help. He didn't go to bed. Like if he didn't hear a word she said. So she grabbed his hand and led her back into the room, tucking him in under the blanket.

When she was about to go, he spoke up, asking "Can... Can you stay a bit more?"

She nodded and sat down on the bed, beside his knees.

"What's his name? Your future husband?" Meliodas asked, not liking the silence between the two. She forced a smile, mumbling "Griamore."

"What's he like?" The blonde asked, staring at the ceiling. Elizabeth just looked down and said "I'm not sure. I think he should be in his 30ies and he should be powerful, but I know nothing about him..."

"You are going to marry someone you never met before?" The blonde asked, surprised. The blue eyes nodded, saying "Yes, I don't really have a choice. That's just how life is."

"What about finding love then?" The blonde asked, starting to get slightly tired. She looked at him and answered "It is no love for rich people like me. It's all about power."

"That doesn't sounds that fair." He replied, turning to a quiet whisper on the end as he fell asleep.