Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Once Sam and Dean were back at the bunker, Cas woke Farrah. She sucked in a deep breath, like she hadn't been breathing.

"Farrah?" Sam asked as they dropped everything and surrounded her. She was panting.

"Well, I was wrong," she said, touching right beneath her nose to find that Cas had cleaned her up. "I'm not mostly human." She smiled her thanks to him.

"What? Are you saying that angel we heard was you?"

She nodded. "Yeah. I guess it makes sense. I mean, I'm part angel, so why shouldn't I have an angel's voice? I don't remember much actually. What did I sound like?"

"A dying cat, but so does every angel to me," Dean grinned.

"Thanks." She sat back and took a deep breath.

"You sounded beautiful, Farrah," said Cas honestly.

With a wide smile, Farrah answered, "Thank you, Castiel. So, you guys killed Roman?"

"Yep. He's gone."

"Fantastic." As unhealthy as it may have been given her current condition, she started to think about Crowley and her heartbeat increased dramatically. "Well, we have one more problem that needs to be taken care of."

"Not today." Dean stood up and grabbed a beer. "One day. Just one. Okay?"

She nodded and stood up herself, but lost her balance. As she stumbled, Sam grabbed her and set her back on her feet. "Whoa. Are you okay?"

"Just dizzy. Yeah, I'm fine. I'm going to my room." As she walked out, she threw over her shoulder, "Have a nice night of celebrations."

~

When Farrah woke up, her head ached and she took a moment to recall the day before. She'd killed seventy demons in one sitting. Well, practically killed. They weren't ever going to be able to come to the surface after her spell.

Cas was standing along the wall, and she only noticed him once he moved to her side. "Good morning, Castiel," she smiled as she sat up.

"Good morning, Farrah. Dean is already awake; he's been waiting for you."

"Why?"

"He knows there is more work to be done."

She sighed and nodded. "Okay. Give me a minute to wake up and I'll be out."

"I'll tell them you're awake."

Twenty minutes later, Farrah was sitting comfortably on the couch in their family room, but her heart rate was accelerating.

"I didn't just come back because I missed you guys, although that was a major reason." She took a breath. "Crowley isn't just my father. He did to me what Azazel did to you, Sam, except Mom didn't notice him come in. He supercharged me for hell. Apparently I could live in hell, but I can't be in heaven for more than two days without literally puking up my guts." The next part made her purse her lips.

"He didn't know the Winchesters at that time, so he thought you were just a jerk," she said to Dean. "He thought that if Mom was gone, I would be weak, vulnerable-impressionable. So he killed her. But as soon as she was gone, he had to leave. Things kept keeping him from coming to get me. If I hadn't met you guys when I did, I would be living in hell as Crowley's slave and their weapon." She shuddered.

"He killed your mom?" Sam asked. She nodded.

"And he showed up at my door just two days after I left with you." Then she smiled a small smile. "But it's okay. When I got my wings, for lack of a better term, it destroyed all the excess demon blood Crowley'd given me." She looked at Cas. "I hate hell now."

He smiled, knowing how that had bothered her.

Dean said, "Wait. This all sounds like good news. What's the problem?"

"Right." She paused. "He's not finished with me. He will still come after me and try to take me with him, kicking and screaming. It won't matter what I do, he branded me as a child and he's always going to be able to find me."

"Then why torture Cas?" Sam asked.

"Because he wanted to hurt me, and the bunker scrambles my signal."

Dean sat back. "So as long as you're here, you're safe."

"Pretty much."