Final Part 4

Here's the last installation in the supposed one-shot. Enjoy!

*

It was a good thing that they were barely human and didn't eat or drink. Farrah and Mary were sitting in that dark, cold cell for what seemed like days. Before now they'd never considered that there were actual wards against lycans, but after hours, days, of trying different things, it was fairly obvious that those existed.

Farrah had stopped talking to Cas, or whoever it was that was in her head. "It's the first time in twenty-five years that I haven't been able to talk to him," she said. "I hope he isn't hurt."

"He isn't." Mary kept quiet about her fears that maybe Gabriel hadn't even gotten her message, or it'd been distorted. Did he know if she was okay? Did he think she was hurt, or dead? She hadn't ever been separated from him. Not once in her life. She didn't know what it was like not to have him right there, either mentally or physically.

The two of them were sitting across the cell from each other now, leaning against the walls. Just constantly shifting positions, standing, pacing, sitting again. Neither slept. They watched what of the sky that they could see, and waited. Mary tried to reach out, but nothing worked. She just heard her voice bouncing back to her off of the walls.

Finally she just broke. She leaped to her feet. "I'm tired of sitting here. There's got to be something that we can do. Some way to reach out and find them."

"I don't think there is," Farrah said. "I've never been in a situation where I didn't know what to do. Things have always just worked."

"Must be nice," Mary whispered, thinking of her grandpa and uncle.

~

Gabriel's eyes burned; he'd been staring at a screen for upwards of five hours now without break or pause, barely blinking.

Sam and Dean were out on a lead on the prince of hell that they were after, while Castiel was following up on the Spanish Men of Letters advocate that was sent basically to kill them. Crowley had gone with Castiel, leaving Gabriel there alone.

He wanted a drink, a strong one, but his mom wouldn't let him drink until he was actually legal, and he didn't have a strong enough will to leave the computer, leave the thing that would lead him to his sister, for even a few seconds.

Mary, answer me. Listen. Please, be there. Show me you're okay.

Of course, there was nothing. There never was. For all he knew, she was dead now. But he couldn't afford to think that way. 

It had been her voice though. He'd bet his life on it. It was her voice telling him to follow the grass, her magic that had killed everything except the fescue. She had been alive then. She had to have been. 

But there was nothing there. They'd dug, done spells, searched around the area, and found exactly nothing. Crowley had made the mistake of telling them to just call it off and head back because there was nothing there. Gabriel smiled as he remembered it.

Crowley looked around. "There's nothing here. Better to just get started walking back so we aren't out here at dark."

"We just got here," Sam said. "We haven't even looked around."

"And what exactly are you expecting to find?" 

Castiel pulled a blade and held it underneath his chin. Crowley seemed not to even notice. "That's my wife and my daughter who are missing, and while we want another set of eyes, we don't need you. Remember that."

Gabriel smiled as he turned away to look at the horizon. It was fading now; the grass was all coming back to life. His smile faded with it. Did that mean her life was fading? Was she dying? "It's disappearing," he said, whipping around in a circle to see if it was the same everywhere. "Guys, it's vanishing."