18. Someone's Watching

Comenzar desde el principio

I couldn't help but chuckle but I immediately stopped when I started to feel like we were being watched.

"Hey Ad, I feel...weird, like we're being watched. Do you feel it too?" I asked her cautiously looking around.

It could possible be the killer who has been killing those people including my mother. More people have been found dead and after about 2 days some of them disappear.

She started sniffing the air.

"Wh-what are you doing" I asked her with a worried expression .

She was acting like some dog.

"Umm...nothing, I don't think anyone's watching us you are probably just imagining things" she said brushing the idea of someone watching us.

I still couldn't shake of the feeling but I just pushed it to the back of my head and continued listening to the song that was playing.

We finally got to my house and i took the key that has always stayed under the mat and unlocked the door.

I figured that my dad and Alice were already at the cemetery. I went upstairs to my room and started packing my books and drawings.

I felt the urge to go to my mom's room, so once I was done I went to their room and looked around.

I could feel the tears wanting to fall but I didn't let them. As I was about to head out i saw an envelop on the floor next to the walk in closet. So me being curious I picked it up and saw that my name was written neatly on the front.

I took the paper and put it in the plastic bag that had my books and drawings in it.
I made a mental note to look at it when we got back.

I got out of the house then locked it and placed the key under the mat.
We arrived at the funeral and i could see some off my cousins, my mom's sister and my dad.

We didn't have much family, so there weren't alot of people at the funeral. Plus most of them were distant relatives and they didn't like me.

Me and Adeline walked hand in hand to were they were seated.

The funeral was over and I shed only a few tears but that was it

It's funny how people stretch the truth at funerals. I mean suddenly my mom was a great woman and an even better mother.
Aunt Flora's words not mine.

Me and Adeline started heading towards her car when my dad called out for me and i froze.

Oh no

"Where are you going" he asked getting closer to me

I held Adelines hand tighter.

"I asked you a question, Where the Fu*k are you going!"

"Sorry to interrupt but as you can see she doesn't want to talk to you" Adeline said earning a glare from my dad.

"You are not going anywhere, you will come back with me and Alice" my dad spat.

"I'm not g-going anywhere with you dad. You kicked me out, remember" I said suddenly feeling confident.

"You littl-" my dad said, almost slapping me only to be stopped by Adeline.

She held his arm.

Does she want to die or what!

Plus how is she strong enough to hold my dads arm. A man full grown adult.

Something is up with the Travis family.

Chases eyes change colour, he stares at me like I am his possession yet never makes any moves to approach me, Adeline is freakishly strong for an 18 year old, Mr Travis growls like an animal when he is angry and Jenna seems to freeze like she is having a mental conversation with herself.

As much as I wanted to know why they acted so....So inhuman I felt like once I found out everything would change.

They are hiding something and it's big.

"Gem let's go" she said after letting go of my dad's arm. My dad kept on shouting and calling my name, telling me I'll pay and that I owe him my life.

She pulled me towards her car.
We got in the car and she drove.