Flying on faith

"She's so beautiful."

Minji had always thought to herself whenever she saw the younger woman. It didn't matter whether she was laughing, sleeping or simply existing. Minji just found her beautiful in every moment and she felt so lucky to have her in life.

Yoohyeon entered her life at the right moment. Moment Minji saw as her last. Minji was having a cup of coffee at her favourite cafe, considering it her last as she felt like she couldn't go on anymore. In general, she considered that day as her last. However, when she stood up and was ready to leave, this blonde girl got up from her seat and ran to her. The girl clumsily made her way over to Minji but managed to trip over her own feet and her body collided with Minji's, sending them both down to the ground. Minji was feeling hopeless, not believing how unlucky she was. However, all of that pain was silenced the moment her eyes landed upon the girl. She was smiling apologetically at her, but her smile shone brighter than the Sun. Minji was stuck in her spot, just staring.

"I'm so sorry, but I noticed you forgot your jacket so I wanted to give it to you before you leave so you don't have to return and-"

The girl started rambling apologising, not moving away from her spot. Shocked expression transformed into a soft smile. Minji simply kept looking at the blonde. It wasn't until she chuckled the other girl stopped talking.

"I'm being annoying, aren't I?"

"Not at all." Minji smiled and stood up, helping the girl up as well.

"I'm Yoohyeon and I once again am sorry for uhm making you fall." the blonde introduced herself.

"I'm Minji."

When Yoohyeon said that neither of them actually had a clue that Minji would indeed fall for the blonde.

As time progressed, their feelings grew to the point neither of them could stay silent anymore. It was Yoohyeon who confessed first. It happened on the beach right after she almost caused Minji to drown. It wasn't her fault, at least not entirely. She was too excited and jumped into the water, not quite looking under herself. She ended up jumping on Minji who was peacefully resting on the water's surface.
After Yoohyeon pulled Minji from under the water and then proceeded to crush her in a hug, she let her feelings out. She told the older woman how much she felt for her. And Minji? There was no doubt about the fact that she loved Yoohyeon as much.

Just like that, they shared their first kiss and many more came after that. They started dating and spent even more time together, eventually getting their own place. Yoohyeon's friends teased her about being always so excited whenever Minji was around or even just mentioned. Both girls were extremely happy together.

However, not always it was that easy. Like any other relationship, they had problems to solve. Even though, this one was a bit more serious than other regular couple fights. Yoohyeon eventually learnt what truly was going on the day they met. She couldn't express how happy she was that she was in the right place at the right time. Yoohyeon couldn't even begin to imagine that one life would disappear that day if it weren't for her clumsy self. She couldn't imagine losing Minji. So she cried as she hugged Minji tight, begging her not to ever try something like that again. But that wasn't the reason for their occasional fights. The reason was the same that led Minji to the breaking point before meeting Yoohyeon.

The reason was her previous relationship. Yoohyeon tried asking about it many times, but Minji just became more guarded. It bothered Yoohyeon because it wasn't just once when she held Minji crying after she woke up from a nightmare she refused to talk about. The only thing she managed to find out because of Minji's nightmares was a name. Siyeon. She couldn't be sure, but she guessed that was Minji's ex. The one who had driven her to this point.