Chapter 26 - Grandma Joyce.

I was allowed home, two days after the accident. I didn't relise that I had any burns on me however the nurse said I had second-degree burns and was lucky it wasn't worse. I wondered if Scott had any marks on him, or anyone in the building was hurt. I was standing up and putting my spare clothes like PJ's and toiletries. Mum was sitting on the windowsil, looking out of it, she was clearly waiting for Grandma. 

"You're nervous," I told her and she turned around and looked at me confused.

"What? She asked, tapping her phone off her chin.

"You're nervous," I repeated. 

"No I'm not," She hissed.

"Don't lie," I smirked, zipping my bag up. 

"I'm not, she's not even coming here, we're meeting her at home," Mum argued, defended herself.

"Exactly, so clam down," I laughed. Nobody said anything for a few seconds then Mum suddenly said something.

"Are you ready? I've freshly changed your duvet and plumped your pillows extra special," She smiled and I linked her arm as she picked up my bag.

"Can we go and get Callum yet?" I smiled, he was allowed home under strict instructions.

"I'll take you to the car, then I'll go back for him. You shouldn't strane yourself," Mum replied. She clicked the car door open and sat me in the back, placing a small blanket on my knee and smiling at me. I smiled back, but I felt like it should be me going into the hospital to take Callum home instead of Mum. She placed her bag on the front seat and waved at me as she walked back into the hospital. The phone rang from the bag on the front seat, I leaned over and picked it out the bag. I didn't know who it was because the number wasn't saved, however their was numberous missed calls. I lay back in the chair, after putting the phone back into the black bag and laying my head on the head rest behind me. I must have dozed off because a few moments later I opened my eyes to someone tapping slowly on the window, I wasn't suprised when my eyes adjusted and I relised it was Mum. In her arm was a baby car seat and I couldn't see whether Callum was in it or not. I moved and cleared the paper work from the seat beside me as Mum opened the car door.

"Look who else is coming home," Mum excitedly said, I was still shocked at how well she had took being a Grandma at age 32. Callum looked extra small in his car seat, he was wearing a blue hat and coat with a white blanket over the top. After Mum strapped him in properly we both looked at him for a few seconds. 

"Someone rang," I interupted. Mum moved into the front seat and picked up her phone. 

"That'll be Joyce," She sighed and I rolled my eyes and looked out of the window. 

We pulled into the driveway, I was expecting Grandma Joyce to be sitting on the doorstep. Mum's phone rang again and I opened the car door and slowly got out. I couldn't hear what Mum was saying, although there was slightly mumbling in the background. I opened the car door at the side where Callum was sitting and that's when Mum opened the door.

"I'll get him, don't worry," Mum smiled, basically pushing me out the way. I paused in my tracks for a moment and rubbed my head, Mum was starting to make me feel left out but I wouldn't complaine, she was probably looking after him to make up for not looking after me. I walked up to the house, pushed my key in and made my way straight up to the bedroom. 

"Your friends bought some baby things for Callum," Mum shouted up the stairs.

"Bring them upstairs, and bring him," I quietly replied, shouting was hurting my head. I stopped at the top of the stairs and closed my eyes, leaning against the wall for a minuet.