Chapter 53: Wakanda

Start from the beginning

"From the time that I've known Thanos, he is not one to lie." Loki sat up, leaning his elbows on his knees. "Thanos wouldn't lie about this... he knows how much she meant to me."

"So he killed her because of you?" Pietro glared at the god, as well did Wanda. The twins glares could kill... Wanda's literally.

"... Partly." Loki nodded and glanced at Wanda. "And also she was one of the strongest beings out there. On top with a few others."

Vision wrapped his arm around Wanda tighter.

I glared at him for creeping out Wanda like that. Vision and Pietro did too.

"What about Bucky?" Sam spoke up for the first time after boarding the jet.

Everyone seemed to have stopped moving for a moment.

Natasha and I looked at each other knowing Bucky will not take this news good at all.

"I'll tell him." Loki stood up and looked out the window.

I looked out and realized we were here. We passed the perimeter field and flew into Wakanda. The high-tech, beautiful home of the Wakandans.

"Are you sure? Bucky will probably try to kill you." Pietro pursed his lips with a grimace, probably thinking of the time he accidentally stabbed Hope with a fork...

Yeah... I still don't understand how he did, but Bucky almost killed him for hurting her.

"He'll have a lot of questions." Loki stood up as did the others. Sam landed the jet just outside the palace.

Loki looked impressed at the landscape in front of us, but quickly shook it away.

"Who's gonna tell King T'Challa, Shuri, and the Dora Milaje?" Natasha asked from my side, putting her blonde hair behind her ear.

They had gotten close to Hope as well.

Everyone looked at me.

I furrowed my eyes at them. "Why me?"

"Because you're the leader." Pietro remarked with a shrug as he walked by.

"Plus, you and King T'Challa are best buds." Sam huffed childishly. I rolled my eyes.

"Not to mention, you and Hope were best friends as well." Wanda smiled innocently, but I could see the sadness in them.

Natasha and I walked past the others and out the door first.

But as we did. I noticed all the blank stares of grief and thoughtfulness.

Loki's was different though. He seemed pissed. I'm sure he would love to just kill this Thanos himself.

I know I do.

~

Loki's POV

I walked down the ramp of the aircraft, following the Avengers.

Hope wishes to keep herself a secret until she sees fit. She doesn't know when Thor and her will arrive, and Thanos may come before then.