Friends (Naomiku)

"I'm Kosaka Nao." I said quietly, giving a small bow and straightening my form when the next girl introduced herself

"I'm Kanemura Miku!" she said cheerfully with a big smile. She said more about herself but I couldn't be bothered to listen anymore.

'Ahh...I definitely won't get along with this girl.'

I can't handle these kinds of people after all.

"I tried having a conversation with Kosaka but she just said one word and went back to reading her book."

"Kosaka doesn't really talk to anyone, does she? I guess it's best to leave her alone."

"She probably thinks she doesn't need to waste any of her time talking to us."

I despise them.

I snapped back to reality when said girl was waving her hand in front of my face.

"Nao~ We're the same age, right? I hope we get along." She said smiling ever so cheerfully again.

"Yeah...Yoroshiku." I thought she'd lose the facade she has on her face from my unenthusiastic reply but she just nodded back, still smiling.

"Let's go, the other girls are planning to celebrate us passing the auditions." She grabbed my wrist and I instinctively pulled away. I thought she would react like how I expected people like her would, furrowing her eyebrows and frowning at me but instead she looked apologetic and took a step back, hands in front of her.

"Ah. Sorry, I was being too forward." She said, hands behind her and taking a step or two away. "Let's go?" she said and started walking.

'What's with this girl?' "Now I'm certain our personalities won't ever match." I said to myself as I follow the other girls from behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'It's already been a few months and this girl is still trying to get close with me.' I thought as Kanemura holds out a bottle of water in front of me.

"You must be thirsty after we danced so much, right? Here." I took it and muttered a "Thank you" thinking that the conversation would be over and she'd go to the other members she's close with but to my dismay, she sat beside me.

'No, not this kind of awkward situation.' I grumbled in my mind, preparing myself for her to start some random topic.

I took a glance at her, waiting for some conversation to start but it never came. I slowly turned my head towards her and see her with her eyes closed but still smiling.

"Is there something funny?" I asked, kinda irritated that maybe she was thinking of something bad about me.

She shakes her head "No. I just appreciate this comfortable silence right now." I raised a brow.

"This is comfortable to you? I felt like I was choking." I retorted then she laughed. "You're right, that was super uncomfortable. But I figured you wouldn't appreciate small talk so I just stayed quiet." She looked back at me and smiled.

I was really at a lost for words so when I didn't answer, she just went back to leaning her head on the wall with her eyes closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that exchange, I began to change my attitude towards Kanemura.

Everytime she invites me to eat with her and the others, I agree. If she offers me some kind of snack, I accept it. When she asks me about my hobbies, I tell her a little about myself.