𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 | 𝟐

Start from the beginning

         ┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
       ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

After Eren finally finished rambling on about the adventures we would take tomorrow, the dining table that we sat upon was overflowing with joy.

'I cant wait to go with you guys, we can explore as much as possible!', I admitted aloud.

'Yeah!!' Eren exclaimed as Mikasa nodded, I was so excited to see what tomorrow had in store for us.

We finished up the delicious dinner that Carla had made for us and we were all beyond exhausted, but I was still very dirty.

'Come on sweetie i'll take you to get cleaned up now. Eren can you make a bed up for her and Mikasa get her some nightwear?', Carla asked kindly.

'Sure mum!' Eren dashed off to get started and Mikasa soon followed behind him, both trotting up the steep staircase.

A few minutes later, I was sat in the warmest bath, so relaxing I could have fallen asleep there and then.

Carla once again acknowledged the look on my face and let out a small giggle, 'looks like Eren will have to show you around the house tomorrow'.

'Yeah I guess so', I replied tiredly.

As soapy suds ran down my back, Carla asked 'F/N?...'.

'Yes?', I responded curiously, wondering what she wanted to ask.

'I dont want to make the situation you're in unbearable, but I want to ask if you can remember anything about your family, a mother figure mabye? Anything at all?'.

Still unclear as to how I came to be, 'I dont remember if I have any family..., i'm sorry'.

I felt so guilty for not knowing anything about myself, let alone my family. I'm an emotional wreck who has cried so much today you'd think i'd be out of fuel, but once again those salty droplets started to fall down my tender face.

All of a sudden my head raised, and there was a soft hand placed upon my shoulder.

'Dont cry my dear, no matter what, you'll always have a place in this family. Whether you find your own again or not, we will always have open arms for you, so theres no need to be upset anymore'.

A heavy weight lifted off of my shoulders as I smiled at her, having a feeling of purpose and belonging growing inside of me the longer I spent with this family.

Appreciatively, I sat in the bath as we finished up, soon drying me off. Carefully buttoning up my top, Carla dressed me in the clothes that Mikasa brought up for me.

'Wow these pyjamas are very soft! Thank you for lending them to me', I gratefully gestured.

'Thats no problem dear, you can keep them too, you'll need them for when it gets cold at night', Carla posed. 

She took my hand and walked me through the hallway into a small room with two beds, and one made on the floor.

'Show her to her bed please Eren, goodnight you three, sleep tight and dont let the bed bugs bite!'.

'Goodnight!', the three of us replied in unison, as she ever so carefully closed the bedroom door.

Eren was already laying down on the floor in the made up bed, and Mikasa was in her own. Looking down at him, I could see he wasn't in his normal place.

'Oh I can't possibly take your bed Eren, please get back into yours', I felt slightly bad although Carla assured that me staying here was no problem.

'F/N you're sleeping in my bed, I dont mind being on the floor, i've made bigger sacrifices', he joked, 'Plus i'm already comfy here'.