I held his hand closed around the ring.

“Give it to the girl you love, yeah?”

My heart skipped a beat, before I broke the silence with an awkward laugh.

“Sorry, I don’t know why I’m so emotion…I just have this feeling. You know? This feeling, just like the day you hit…I don’t know.”

His hand twitched, and I froze.

What the hell was that?

His hand moved again. Oh my God.

“Nurse!” I screamed.

***

♫Erica♫

“I don’t understand,” I said, through unmoving lips. “What…?”

“I’m sorry. I just think…”

“Are you kidding me?!” I screamed, jumping up. “After weeks in that stupid placer, surrounded by idiotic men, made to dance and sing, and even twisting me ankle, you…?”

“I’m sorry, but I think you’re too…vanilla. You have to be crazy. You have to show raw passion, hate, love, everything. If I asked you to do that, would you be able to?”

I swallowed.

“Exactly. You don’t have what it takes.”

I stood still for a moment, utterly humiliated. I can’t believe I’d been through all that, and then he tell me… my eyes filled with tears.

“Fine,” I whispered.

He sighed. “That’s exactly what I mean. You have no fire, no passion whatsoever. If you really cared, you would hit me. You would kill me, skin me alive. You have no passion. You are simply giving up, meekly. You don’t care.”

“What do you want me to say, then?”

“Tell me you hate me. Tell me you won’t take no for an answer.”

“But I don’t hate you. It’s your choice. You’re the director”

He shook his head, like he was disappointed. “If that’s what you really believe, then you can leave.”

“No, I –”

“Leave.”

I grit my teeth, and turned around, trying to leave with the dignity I had left. My chest had constricted, and I could barely breathe. It literally hurt to breathe. Everything was over. It was the end of my career… I wiped away a tear. But I couldn’t stop the words from coming out.

“Who are you choosing instead?” I said, my voice very small.

He didn’t reply for a minute, trying to work out if he should reply or not.

“Daniel Smith.”

My knees suddenly gave way, and I collapsed.

Oh, God.

***

╣Daniel╠

“What the hell’s going on?!”

“Get the brother out of here, please!” the doctor yelled to the nurse. The nurse grabbed my arm, and tried to pull me away, but I refused to move.

“Tell me what’s happening!”

My brother’s body spasmed, and the doctor swore loudly, not answering me. My head spun as another nurse ran into the room, pushing a cart.

“Charge!” the doctor yelled, rubbing the pads together. “Clear!”

He pushed them against my brother’s chest, and his whole body lifted into the air, before thudding back onto the bed.

“Charge! Clear!”

“Charge! Clear!”

“Charge! Clear!”

What the hell was going on? What was this? Why can’t I move?

I was losing him all over again.

He was slipping away.

And I couldn’t move.

No…

The doctor stopped, visibly sweating. His back was bent, and his brow was furrowed in defeat. The nurse held his arm.

“Accept it, there’s no more you can do,” she said, her face was sad.

“I…” the doctor said, before his voice broke, and all he could do was nod his head. “You’re right. I can’t do anything else!”

“No!”

The scream ripped through the still silence. It took me a while to work out that it was me.

The doctor turned towards me, like he’d only realized I was here.

I ran up to him, grabbing the front of this shirt. “No! You can’t stop! Carry on! He’ll live! He can live! Do it!”

“I’m sorry…” His face was old and lined, weathered. The seemed so tired, so useless. “There’s no more we can do.”

I pulled my fist back, and punched him. He stumbled back, surprised.

“You can’t just give up! You have to save him!”

Several nurses tried to restrain me, but I pushed them away.

“You have to save him! He’s my brother! He’s all I have left!”

I felt a jab on my arm, and I fell.

They’d given me a sedative.

All I could see was my brother’s ring drop from his hand, and fall to the floor.

No…

Then the world turned black.

***

Author's Note: My back hurts like hell... I think I have back problems LOL. Weird, cos I am 14.

Anyway, VOMMENT!!!!!!!