0°C

MIDNIGHT
| PROLOGUE |

"Oh, look! She's got your cute little button nose," Demetri cooed as he smiled down at our baby, who lied in my arms; fast asleep. He chuckled lightly, his eyes gleaming with happiness as his beautiful blue orbs looked into mine, "And your skin tone too. And your tiny fingers."

"It's a mini me," I yawned, exhausted but in a way, content, "Finally! Aleixo, Kai, Agatha, Kaleb and Kanda are all after you, with your ice blue eyes and sandy brown hair. Your genes are obviously more dominating," I jokingly pouted at him, thinking about our five kids, who were probably sleeping soundly, back in their room.

"Well, there you go. A little you," Demetri kissed me. "Well, since it's a replica of you, what do you want to name her?"

I traced my finger over her head, scrunching my eyebrows together as I noticed her little sprouts of hair-they weren't Demetri's brownish blond hair or my golden one. It was... black, jet black.

"Hey," Demetri said as he took her cute little feet in his comparatively giant hands. "She's got a birthmark," He noted as he brushed his finger over her ankle. He was right. There was a crescent moon a shade darker than her pale, porcelain-like complexion inked on her ankle, near her Achilles heel.

"Oh," I exhaled as a small smile formed on my lips. "Daughter of the moon, with hair as black as night...Midnight; she'll be Midnight."

Demetri smiled, nodding.

"Midnight it is," He agreed.

I knew from the very beginning that Midnight was going to be someone special. I just didn't realize how much.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Midnight Achilles Arch was born different.

She didn't cry when she was just delivered. She just blinked her bubbly grey eyes open and started staring at the people around her. She didn't bask in the attention that came with being a royal princess like her brothers and sisters either. She didn't like the thousands of eyes that bore into her whenever she entered a room. She liked her own company and she liked to read, preferably alone or with her mother.

She didn't get her special Xlinx or Vampire gifts when she became 12 either. Her siblings doubted her genes when she couldn't heal quicker than normal people and was unable run as fast as the wind. But Rosemarie always told her that they were just jealous as she was special in her very own way.

Like the way she could sense danger before something happened, and the way she had a 'friend' who always looked out for her.

And exactly like the way how she made that crow that died on the windowsill one evening breathe again.

"They tell me I'm different mommy," She had said against her mother's neck late one night as Rose held her 7-year-old darling in her arms.

Rosemarie smiled. "You are different, baby girl, but in a good way. You're something special."

"Like you mommy?" She blinked up at her mom, her grey orbs glimmering under the moonlight.

"Yeah," She kissed her on the forehead, "Just like me...Only better."

Thank you for clicking into this book and reading it! To all those Vampire Mates and Dark Mates readers, thank you for all your love and support for continuing to read my books. For those who have not read Vampire Mates and Dark Mates, I suggest you to do so, for this book will be related to it and I'm afraid you will be kind of confused if you don't read the previous books!

Also, it will be just AMAZING if you guys will help me make a cover. I asked a friend of mine to help me out but she's been busy lately and unfortunately cannot help me with the cover. Thanks so much in advance if you'd help!

Love you all,
kky_claud

Muaks XOXO