Chapter 11: Paris

"Do you fancy dinner in France, because I can totally make that happen," he asks. I look him in the eye, he's serious.
"You'd do that?" I ask my breathing steadying again.
"Of course, go put on something nice," he says standing me up, "we'll use the zeta tubes,"
I nod and walk of the our room. Surprisingly I've never been to France, I've been to hundreds of other places thanks to my night job.
I put on a dress, nothing fancy, I add stockings and pull on a nice coat, and of course my new leather boots Daddy bought me.
I walk out to find Dick also wearing a coat much like mine, a new pair of jeans.
"Here you might want these," he says handing me a pair of black leather gloves. I take them from his own gloved hands.
"Thanks," I smile as I slip them on and grab my bag.
"No problem, it's cold in Europe this time of year," he says as we walk out the front door. We walk hand in hand to the nearest zeta tube, which just so happens to be a phone box.
"Ladies first," Dick says opening the door. I hop in and soon find myself in a different country. Dick is soon standing beside me.
"Welcome to Paris," Dick says smirking. I look over to him, France doesn't literally mean Paris, I thought we'd go somewhere else.
"Wow," I say hugging his arm, "it's so beautiful,"
"Come on let's go find somewhere to eat," he says as we walk through the streets. In the end we find a cute little place, which is warm and cosy inside. We chat over dinner and it's nice to be away from Gotham, even if it's only for a few hours.
After we go on a walk through the streets, we go see some of the land marks and end up in the park on a bench.
"Thank you Dick, tonight has been amazing," I say leaning on him.
"It's nothing Babs," he smiles rubbing my shoulder.
"It's so nice to be away from the bustle of Gotham," I sigh happily watching the birds out on the lake.
"Yeah, I agree. It's also nice to have a night off patrol," Dick pauses, he thinks for a minute before saying, "you want to stay the night here?"
"I would love to, are you sure it's not too expensive?" I reply looking over to him.
"Nothing is too expensive for my princess, lets go find a hotel," he replies standing up and taking me with him. As we walk out of the park there's a guy selling roses and Dick buys a bunch for me. We then continue on to a hotel.
"A room for two, please," asks the receptionist.
"How many nights sir?" She replies.
"One please," he answers.
"Of course here's your key. Cash or card." She asks.
"Card please," he says swiping the card.
"Thank you, your room is third floor up," she says smiling. Dick nods before turning to me and taking my hand. We both step in the elevator.
"Hey I just realised we don't have any spare clothes or supplies," I say as we get out of the elevator.
"We'll make do, just don't sleep in your clothes and wear the again tomorrow," he says opening the door to our room.
"Oh I'm sure you'd like that?" I reply flatly. He mumbles something in reply.
"That was understandable," I say sarcastically.
"What do you expect, I was brought up my Batman," he replies laughing. I roll my eyes at him, before looking around. It's so pretty.
"This place is beautiful," I say.
"Yeah it is," he replies walking into the bedroom and throwing off his coat. I find a tall glass, fill it with water and pop the roses in it. I feel someone's arms snake around my waist from behind.
"Thank you, there're beautiful," I say as Dick rests his chin on my shoulder.
"You're welcome," he replies kissing my cheek, "by the way I put the heater on, you can take this off now," he says unbuttoning my coat.
"I was getting to it," I huff letting him finish, "you want a hot chocolate?"
"Yes please," he answers pulling the coat from my shoulders. I make us both hot chocolates and join Dick in front of the TV. He flicks through the channels and I spot Marley and Me. Much to Dick's distaste we watch it.
"I'm bored," Dick says half way through. I roll my eyes.
"Take your shirt off when the guy says new, put those ears to good work," I say half joking and just wanting to watch the movies.
"Take your shirt off when the chick says down," he shoots back.
"I'm wearing a dress," I point out.
"Tough luck," he replies.
"Just watch the movie," I reply put my head on his shoulder.
About thirty minutes later Dick shouts, "Down,"
I look at him oddly.
"She said down," he says.
"I want to finish watching the movie without freezing," I reply turning my head back towards the screen.
"Oh well," he replies, "there's these things called blankets,"
"No," I say watching the TV. Next thing I know the TV is off, oh no he didn't. I look his way but he's gone.
Next thing I know is I'm over someone's shoulder.
"Put me down," I demand.
"Lets go," he says walking into the bedroom and dumping me on the bed.
"You can't stop a movie in the middle of a sad part!" I protest.
"I just did," he smirks walking out of the room.
"Unbelievable," say shaking my head, "just so you know that guy said new about twenty times..." I call.
I take off my dress since I'm not going to sleep in it and Lay out on the bed. Dick walks back in and looks at me for a second before dressing down to his boxers.
"Night," he says pulling the covers over both of us.
"Night," I reply turning out the light.

Five minutes later...

"Dick, I'm cold," I say pulling the covers tighter around my body. I feel his arms find their way around my chest, pulling me close to him, and he puts his legs around me.
"Love you," I mumble feeling warmer already.
"Love you more," he says kissing my head.

~~~~~~~~

The next chapter will have some good old superhero butt kicking action.