Chapter II

Jay POV

I stared into the deep petals looking for something more.

My life is like a rose not perfect but always beautiful. The thorns represent how people fear me. The red petals represent how I want people to see me.

I sit in my garden admiring the flowers every afternoon.

This is one thing I don't have my maids doing is to take care of my garden. I do it all on my own.

As I'm watering my flowers I feel those same pare of orbs watching me.

I can feel her. I don't pay her any attention because she just gonna fear me more.

I hate the looks they all give me so I don't acknowledge them.

I'm not ashamed of what I am but I wish mortals would understand creatures like me. We only drink their blood to survive, not to hurt them.

But I'm not gonna speak for all vampires, some are bad.

She just watches me for like 15 minutes and then goes on her way.

I never looked at her face I can just feel her.

••

"Lord Cassius, I had ordered for more blood," Israel says.

"Thank you."

Israel is one of my servants. The only one I ever talked to. I guess you can say he's my only friend.

I watched him grow up to where he is now.

"I'm gonna go take my bath now it should be ready."

While I was walking to my room Israel was telling me how he has seen a girl with big golden curly hair he has never seen around here.

I can understand why it concerns him because he hires all the maids and gives them their jobs.

"Did you like what you saw?" I jokingly asked him.

"Oh no, she looked too young for me but she walked into your room, instead of the maid I hire to prepare your baths.

"Was she wearing a maid outfit?" I ask.

"Yes, this is strange I'm gonna y'all to miss Beatrice about it. But she's a top maid, do you think she is hiding something from us?"

"I don't know, but should I still take my bath even though she prepared it?"

"Yes, I think we should see how this plays off but if you feel like she's a threat. I'll handle her," Israel says.

We went our separate ways when we made it to my room.

I can smell her. She's still in my bathroom. This will be interesting.

I walk into my room in my bathroom. For some reason, my heart started to race.

Am I'm nervous? No that's nonsense.