Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Ugh, I was too excited about my car to notice

Ugh, I was too excited about my car to notice. Thank god I wasn't in just a t-shirt and nothing else, or it would be mighty breezy out. I guess I better just own my fashion statement this morning, so here I am in my damn pajamas and crazy bedhead outside of the apartment with a stranger that oddly didn't appear disturbed by my appearance at all. I wonder if this is a common thing he sees? Do other people have avocado pajamas like me? Does he have them? I laugh to myself at my dumb thoughts.

"Here we are," The man spoke up as I saw my cute little car on the trailer that I have missed more than I thought I would living over here, having to deal with Nix's monster truck.

The guy carefully backed my car off the ramp and pulled out the list of things to check off before we walked around to inspect it. Just as we were about halfway through, my eyes caught the attention of Phoenix wearing only gray sweatpants with furrowed brows storming down the stairs of the complex, followed by Sam and Kole, who were equally just as shirtless.

"You know them?" The man asked, nodding once towards the guys.

"Unfortunately," I spoke in a joking manner as he chuckled. "Give me one second," I said as I met them a little ways away. "What's wrong? Why are you all out here?"

Nix glanced between me and the man with concern written all over his face. "I woke up and you were gone, so I went to see where you were, and Sam said you fucking walked out with some random old guy."

I could hear the man let out a little laugh while my whole face felt flushed, knowing he heard that. "Yes...the one that's kindly delivering my car to me, babe."

His forehead creased as he looked back at Sam, who put out his hands in defense. "If you didn't fly out of the apartment so damn fast, I would have been able to tell you that."

"Or you could have started with it," Kole added, letting out a big yawn.

"I'm still waking up! I wasn't thinking yet," Sam said.

Phoenix rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "When are you ever thinking?"

A small laugh escaped me as Nix turned back. "You guys are ridiculous. Now let me sign off for Dave so he can carry on with his day, and I can get my car."