"Magical." He breathed, catching a snowflake with his hands. "Too bad I didn't bring gloves."

"You can have mine." I offered. He accepted them without thinking. "Do you think the trains will be affected."

"Some might. Not ours though. It's a tough one."

"If you say so." He was correct, and I soon saw the head of the train poke through the snowy landscape. It had a large plow attached to it and was propelling through the snow with speed.

"See?" Germany stood up, shaking the snow off himself and heading towards the doors. "Wasn't I right?"

"Indeed you were." I stepped into the warm compartment, searching for our seats. I took the window seat and when I only just got comfortable, Germany had the brilliant idea of sitting on top of me.

"I like the window," he said simply.

"I do too." I protested.

"We can sit like this of you want." He looked back at me.

"No thank you. I'll sit next to you." He let me get off and sat down contentedly next to the window. I couldn't chase the thought that fore me in my head when I looked at his face, his content smile. He looks exactly like his father. How uncanny. I tried to get myself out of the habit of thinking those kinds of thoughts. It was unfair, after all. And I promised him not to as well. I remembered what Dr. Austria told me about borders. He drew me four squares and asked me how many there were. I said four. He told me it was only one, but it was just divided. That was one of our last meetings. He really helped me, but I only talked to him and scheduled regular appointments because my father said so. I didn't want to admit that I was still a little dependent on my father's judgement. Even more than my brothers and sister. I looked around the compartment. It didn't exactly look like a third class car. The theme was red and silver, with greying carpeting and white translucent hangings on the windows. Albeit, they were now yellowing and the red cold faux leather seats were a bit worn out, it still gave off an impression that this was once a very expensive car. Germany kept staring at the flashing scenery as it sped before our eyes. The scene was starting to change from the marshy and moorland hills to a flatter ground that was both drier and colder. I took out my softcover book that I haven't even looked at for four months, and started to read. I felt completely relaxed, with the hum of the train and the murmuring of the other people around us. Why do some people prefer the cabin of a plane in the air, where all you see are clouds, all the same and uniform when you can choose to travel by rail, where the scenery always changes and you feel connected to the ground and the soothing sounds of the tracks lulls you to sleep? That was, until the train came to a screeching halt, sending my head down to my knees. With a groan, I pushed myself up and asked Germany what happened.

"Something on the tracks." He responded, trying to look out of the flat window. "A deer or moose of some sort."

"Are you sure?"

"Or maybe they just wanted to stop." He shrugged back. "It does have a Russian driver. Who knows, maybe they wanted to smoke?"

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my neck. "They have got to be kidding."

"Oh, were moving again." He said, as the train jolted into motion once more.

"They better explain themselves." I grumbled, putting my ushanka over my eyes. The yellow light from above was agitating.

"They probably won't. But we'll see." After a few minutes and still no announcement, I conceded to the fact that they wouldn't explain. I was almost asleep again when the annoying sound of the loudspeaker came on.

"Attention ladies and gentlemen, we are sorry for the unexpected stop. We had an unprecedented issue. Thank you." Droned the conductor.

"Oh really?!" I hissed when they finished. "I was almost asleep!"