Should I Ask A Guy Out First? ~ Nicole

Since yesterday was just Valentine's Day, I thought I would make another relationship-related post on whether or not you should chase a guy. Hope this is informative!

In this day and age, I've seen a lot of posts saying "just shoot your shot" or talking about how girls should be allowed to make the first move without looking desperate. Which is perfectly fine! More power to the girls who feel confident enough to ask someone out.

But today I'm going to show both sides and ultimately make the case for not asking out a guy or sliding into his DMs or commenting on his Insta.

Reasons TO ask a guy out:

You will be in control and able to control how the relationship goes.

Maybe he's just "shy" and too socially awkward to ask you out.

You've been dropping hints that you like him for the past month and he still has no idea.

All the guys that DO ask you out, you don't like them.

Reasons NOT to ask a guy out:

You could never know if he really likes you, or he's just saying yes to not hurt your feelings, and he could eventually find a girl who he likes enough to ask out.

Guys are "hunters" from all the way back in our evolutionary biology days, and are naturally pursuers. If you take his role, the relationship will start out on the wrong foot.

If you ask a guy out first, you could spend the rest of the relationship initiating things. Saying I love you first, or even proposing to him. He could end up never putting in any effort into the relationship and you would be the one who arranges everything and plans the dates.

Well, I hope this was an informative pro/con list, and that you all had a happy Valentine's Day whether you are single or taken - that doesn't change your worth or diminish your beauty!