Lab Report

"Section Commander, get back."

"Don't worry."

They stood before a captured titan, in their hand was a journal and a pen. They wrote something down before walking over to a table along the wall. The table was covered in beakers and other scientific items. Hange pushed some of the glass containers to the side, careful not to spill any, and placed down their journal. 

"Uh, Hange," You walked over to the table.

They only hummed before walking to the other side of the titan's enclosure.

"Moblit, can you check the lab for my reports?" They continued to search.

"Yes sir." They then walked to what you can only assume is the lab to the door. Hange returned to the table and started going through the labeled beakers and test tubes of unknown substances.

"Uh... Hange?" you asked again, "You said you were working with plants not.. titans."

"We are. After I do one tiny thing."

Moblit returned with another journal in hand as well as two additional pieces of paper.

"This is what I was working on yesterday," Moblit handed you the journal full of messy handwriting, numbers, and little sketches.

Hange made their way over to their captive friend, "Hello Sweetheart, I know you saw me yesterday but, how did you sleep? Are you tired? Hungy?"

The titan started at them with nothing but pure hunger in its eyes. It followed their every move with intensity and never blinked.

"Uh... Hange?"

"Cadet, it's best if you stand back a little," Moblit pushed you back several steps.

"What is going on?" You asked Moblit.

"Throughout the day Hange tries to communicate with the titans."

"I see."

"It's been unsuccessful thus far but they don't stop trying."

"You don't think titans can speak, do you?"

"Well, we don't. They have breathing organs but no ability to speak. At least in all the ones we've had."

"I don't think they'll speak, if they do, it's most likely not anything we can understand. They aren't like us."

"That's true. It would be nice to be able to dissect one without it healing itself or hurting anyone. Hange would have a field day."

Hange was sitting on the titan's back "Hey hey, don't worry Bean, I'm not going to hurt you."

"For the love of god, get down from there!" Moblit yelled while making his way over to get her down.

Hange jumped down from the titan. When face to face again Hange spoke, "Come on, Darlin' just one word."

The titan lunged at them as they screamed out and started laughing. Moblit grabbed them by their arms and pushed them back several steps yelling about safety.

You walked up to Hange who was wiping their eyes. They fixed their glasses before walking to the taller of the two. You and Moblit stayed to the side.

"Hello Lovely," They called up, "How are you?"

"Hange." You looked to the brunette.

"Yes, My Love?" They turned to look at you.

"I don't think that it's gonna speak."

"We don't know, which is why we have to find out!"

"Okay."