Chapter 2

Staked

Chapter 2

-------------

"Um, hi, how can I help you?" I said uncertainly. Standing at the door was a young man, almost a teenage with brown hair and brown eyes. His face was hard and he looked quite sly. He had both hands in his pockets so he looked very out of place. Then his hand came out and he was holding a wooden stake. Oh shit. He aimed the stake at my heart and I felt it slice my skin. He pushed it all in and then ran. I was suddenly aware that Stefan and Damon were behind me, frantically trying to get the stake out. I laughed even though it hurt. "Calm down!" I shouted and pulled the wood out of my flesh. They both looked dumbfounded. I laughed again at there expression. I walked over to the fire and dropped the stake in. I then looked down at my shirt to see a big red blood mark. I sighed. I looked up to see Elena sitting on the sofa looking terrified.

"How come that stake didnt kill you? Or even hurt you?" Damon hissed. Rude.

I shrugged. "It hurt but didn't kill me, I'm over 700 years old so I've met people. I met a witch and he put a protection spell on me, stakes cant kill me. Calm down, Im fine!" I said, seeing Elena was close to loosing it along with the boys. "I'm gonna go change. Again!" I groaned going up the stairs. I went and washed the blood of my chest and grabbed my Americana sports top and skinny jeans. I went back downstairs and sank into the armchair.

"So who was that?" Elena asked. She had calmed down and was sitting next to Stefan, his arm around her. Damon was facing with his back to us, watching the fire.

"That's what I wanna know." I said. "I'm only here for a day and someone already wants to kill me. They dont know much, like you never try to kill someone in daylight, in their house with people around and he doesn't know that I am almost impossible to kill!"

"This cant be Katherine. She knows every trick in the book, and she would of told him what and what not to do." Damon said, turning around. I shrugged.

"I wouldn't put anything past her." I growled.

"Same here." Stefan said sternly.

"But she is too smart for this. This is too sloppy." Damon threw back.

"Urgh, whatever. I dont care." I shrugged, putting my feet up.

"How can you not worry about this?" Stefan almost yelled at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Because lots of people have tried to kill me and none has suceeded so It doesnt bother me." I spoke slowly, like talking to a 5-year-old. "You guys used to be alot more fun. Now your all up tight like old women!"

"Well, Katherine is tr-" Damon began but I cut him off.

"If Katherine is such a problem for you, then I will go and kill her, right now!" I shouted getting up.

"Sit down Ruby." Stefan sighed. I didn't and looked at the time. 7;45pm. "I'm gonna take Elena home. See you later." Stefan said and got up, pulling Elena up with him.

"See ya." Elena smiled. I waved and said goodnight.

When they had left, I turned to Damon who hadn't moved.

"So you and Elena.." I sighed, crossing my arms, my eyes narrowed.

"There is no Me and Elena okay?!" He snapped. I held my hands up.

"Okaaaay." I said in a singsong voice. "But stop chasing the taken ones and focus on the single ones." I suggested and left before he could argue. I went to my car and drove into the town. My first stop was Juicy Couture. Where I bought a black and quite revealing mini dress. I then got a pair of very high black heels. I wore them out and went to the busiest club I could find. There was a line but I went straight in. Compullsion is so useful. On the way in though I got some wolfwhistles and classic pick up lines. I had to smirk at that. I went straight to the bar to order a blue WKD and sat next to a guy with blonde hair. Like mine. We started chatting and flirting until he finally suggested we go somewhere more private. We went out and I pulled him into an alleyway. My teeth sank into his neck. He tried to scream but I covered his mouth. When I was done I compelled him to forget ever meeting me or anything that had happened tonight. After that I went back home. I looked at the time again. Crap. It was almost midnight. I snuck in quietly and went straight to my room. I slipped my dress and shoes off and crawled into bed, I was too tired to change into my pjs so I stayed in my undies.

I woke the next morning to Damon standing next to my bed.

"Come on sleeping beauty, time to wake up." He chuckled.

I groaned, throwing the covers over my head. He chuckled again. "I'm sorry, Ruby is not available right now, please try again later or leave a message after the beep. Beeeep." I muttered.

He then yanked the covers back, making a draft. "Hey!" I complained.

"Get up then!" He smirked.

"Make me." I glared at him.

He grinned evily and my eyes widened.

"You wouldn't." I growled.

"I think we both know, I would."

He was gone for a split second then he was back with a bucket. He poured it over me and it was freezing. I screamed and pounced at him. He was laughing his head off and I let out a roar. He stopped laughing when he realised I was only wearing my undies. I got off him.

"That was you own fault for not changing last night." He said, but he looked a little sorry.

"YOU POURED FREEZING COLD WATER OVER ME WHEN IM WEARING NEXT TO NOTHING!" I hissed at him. He shrugged. I grabbed a towel and went into my bathroom. I locked the door and jumped in the bath. Nice and warm. After I was done, I put on a floral jumper, denim shorts and some gladiators. I curled my blonde hair and done my make up. When I was finished, I went down the hall to Stefans room. I knocked on the door not sure if he would be awake yet.

"Come in."

I opened the door to see Stefan laying in bed. I rolled my eyes at his bare chest.

"If I were you I would get dressed before Damon starts another water fight." I laughed.

"Yeah, I heard your little....game." He smirked.

"So, Elena doesn't live here? Thought she would. Seeing as you two are so serious." I asked, folding my arms.

He shrugged. "We are its just she has a family and-" He started but was cut off by a bellowing voice.

"RUBY!!!"

I groaned and went downstairs. "What?!"

I froze when I saw what Damon was holding.

I had alot of explaining to do....

---------------------

comment,like,vote<3