Hamish stopped shaking the liquid and handed it back to Lilith.

"Sit him up." She ordered.

Randall and I lifted Jack up into a sitting position which wasn't easy.

"Up we go. Here we go, buddy." Randall told Jack who was groaning and trying to resist us.

Randall held his head in place as Lilith brought the potion over in a coconut.

"Sippy time. Yeah." Hamish told Jack as he drank the potion through a straw.

Jack let out a sound of delight letting us know he liked the taste.

"Okay and swallow." Lilith told Jack who did as he was told.

She took the coconut back to the mini bar before joining us again.

Randall lifted Jack's shirt and Silverback retreated back from his skin.

We all let out a sigh of relief as the potion seemed to be working.

"I think it's working." Hamish nodded.

We all looked around at each other but then Jack let out a shout as Silverback came back again.

Randall jumped, letting go of Jack's shirt and moving back slightly.

"Guys, I hate to sound so pre-med, but that looks like tissue rejection." Randall told us.

"Then what do we do?" I asked, worried for my friend.

"We have to remove Silverback." Randall replied.

"The only way to get a hide off a Knight is by death. That's the rule." Hamish reminded him.

"And it's not like us to ever break a rule." Randall sassed back.

"It's not our call." Lilith spoke.

"Okay, fine, let's just ask him then. Jack, buddy? You want us to save your life?" Randall knelt down next to Jack who let out a groan.

"I'm taking that as a yes." Randall stood up again.

Lilith checked Jack's pockets before pulling out his phone.

"Who are you calling?" I asked, looking over her shoulder at the phone screen.

"His grandfather. He deserves to know what's happening." Lilith moved closer to the door.

"What are you gonna say? 'Hey, your grandson is dying. He got hurt by a magical book and we don't know if we can save him so you're welcome for dragging him into this by turning him into a werewolf without his consent.'" I asked her but she ignored me, continuing to phone him.

"Should we move him to the couch, or..." Randall stood looking at Jack who was still lying on the beanbag.

"I doubt it will make a difference." I shrugged.

A loud banging sounded through the house.

"Jack! Jack!" A male voice shouted.

Randall ran to the door and opened it. Jack's grandfather ran in.

"Where is he?" He asked, coming into the living room.

"Mr. Morton, I'm Hamish Duke." Hamish introduced himself but Jack's grandfather walked straight past him and over to his grandson.

He started to talk to him, rubbing his shoulder.

"What's wrong with him?" He turned to us.

"I don't know what you know Mr. Morton but you're gonna need to brace yourself." I replied.