Chapter 16: Just Visiting

Start from the beginning

"I love you George."

I couldn't take it anymore. I dropped the phone and ran out, not daring to look back. I couldn't breathe.

Sapnap POV

George ran. I'm not surprised. Clay looked like shit. He looked awful. Beaten. Abused. He ran his hand through his hair, the other one was still gripping the phone. I sat in George's place, not maintaining eye contact.

"Hey Nick."

"What were you thinking?"

"I'm sorry I just-"

"He's not eating. He's barely sleeping. He cries all the time. He's never out your room and he's always in your clothes. He doesn't speak anymore unless it's necessary. I don't know what to do."

"He'll get better. He'll get used to it. I need you to take him home, to England. I don't care how much he resists, he needs to be home with his sister. Or even if you get him to his house and you stay with him. Get him away from Florida. All it is is bad memories and he needs to start again."

"Okay, okay. What about you? How do we see you?"

"You don't. I'm not allowing visitor requests from now on. You need to move on, you both need to live your lives."

"Don't do that. Don't cut us off completely. George won't be able to function."

"It's better for him."

Is he fucking stupid? I dropped my head in my hands and thought about it.

"God, this is so fucking difficult."

A guard announced that we only had a minute left. He didnt panic. He just took a deep breath and looked directly at me.

"Just do what I said okay?"

"I will."

"I'll be out before you know it."

"No you won't."

He nodded and sighed, "No, I won't. But please look after George."

"I will."

"I love you both."

"We love you too."

"Be good. Do good."

"I should be telling you that."

"Yeah, I guess you should."

He slowly got up and they reapplied the handcuffs around his wrists. He nodded at me and mouthed, "he's my turning page."

What the fuck does that mean?

I walked out and saw George sat by the car, head in hands. He saw me coming and ran up to me, hugging me.

"We can't come back George."

"Wait- what? What do you mean we can't come back?"

The panic was raising in his voice and his eyes were wide.

"He's not allowing anymore visitors."

"He's what? No, no, no. He cant- he didn't."

He started backing away from me, stuttering and almost falling.

"I just... I didn't say goodbye. Nick I didn't say goodbye. I didn't tell him I loved him. No. No.."

He started running back towards the prison but I caught up to him and held him back. He was kicking and screaming and I almost cried. The guards started coming over because George was making so much noise. I waved them away and they just nodded at me, returning to their position. George sunk to the floor and I collapsed with him. This was all in the middle of a car park but for some reason no one minded. They just avoided us and carried on. Was this normal?

"I didn't say goodbye. I didn't say goodbye."

He was crying into my shoulder whispering that over and over.

"I know, shhh. It's gonna be okay George. It's going to be okay."

He slowly walked over to the car with me and got in. Complete silence. I went to start the car but he stopped me and asked for more time.

I nodded and waited.

He was sat, silently crying.

"Hey George?"

"Mmhmm."

"He told me something on his way out."

He immediately looked at me, intrigued.

"He said your his turning page. What does that mean?"

His face crumpled and he turned away.

"That's our song."

______________________________

1144 Words

Another happy chapter 😋😋
I really do spoil you guys huh?