Tuesday smiled sheepishly and nudged her way closer to Maeve and closed her eyes with a sigh, unable to keep them open as her body still felt exhausted. Maeve noticed this and wormed her arm under the girl to pull her closer, running her fingers through Tuesday's dark hair. After no time, Maeve felt the girl go limp in her arms as her breathing got heavy. As Maeve listened to her breathe, she allowed her mind to relay the last 24 hours of her time with Tuesday. It felt as though things between them had moved fast from the time when they first met about a month ago to now cuddling under a blanket, having kissed a handful of times. But, despite the fast pace, Maeve didn't feel scared or a need to dip out like she has in the past, which felt weird to her after years of doing exactly just that. It felt nice for her to have someone so close to her.

***

Monday morning rolled around and Maeve was waiting by her locker, awaiting Tuesday's arrival to school. She went home in the evening of Saturday and spent her Sunday catching up on homework whilst stopping, what seemed like every five minutes, to text back Tuesday. It felt weird to not see her for a whole day after spending a lot of time with the other girl over the last week and Maeve didn't struggle in admitting it to herself that she had missed her.

"Hiya, babes." A voice called her out of her thoughts, "Long time no see."

Maeve looked up with a grin at the sound of Aimee's voice.

"Alright, pet?" Maeve questioned, "Did you enjoy the party?"

Aimee raised her eyebrows, a teasing look plastered on her face, "I think it should be me asking if you enjoyed the party."

Maeve chuckled, a confused smile on her face, "Why are you talking like that?" She chuckled.

"Because I saw the way you two sneaked off upstairs and never returned Friday night." Aimee teased, "Plus, I may have been pretty smashed, but I do remember you telling me you had kissed so there is no other way I could -"

"- Oh Jesus, Aimee." Maeve shook her head, "We just were talking upstairs."

"Mhm, mhm." Aimee joked, "Is that, like, some kind of gay code for scissoring?"

"What is?"

Maeve turned towards Tuesday wide-eyed, really hoping that she hadn't been walking up to them long enough to hear what was being said because she wasn't sure how the other girl would feel knowing Aimee knew something was up.

She shook her head, "Nothing," Maeve said quickly, "Aimee was just being stupid, right, Aimes?"

Aimee scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Sure."

Tuesday smirked as she looked towards Maeve to see the look she was giving Aimee, fairly certain that she knew what was being discussed and Maeve's facial expression seemed to give it away.

"Oh, look," Maeve started, pointing down the hallway, "There's Steve. You should go and see him, I'm sure it's been a while since you last saw him."

"I was with him this morning." Aimee defended.

Maeve gave her another look and Aimee turned to Tuesday with a roll of the eye.

"Well, I better go then." Aimee scoffed, "Your girlfriend clearly wants some alone time with you again."

Tuesday giggled at the girl whilst Maeve just huffed, shaking her head in disbelief as she tried to comprehend what Aimee had just said... and also in embarrassment when she saw the way Tuesday looked at her.

"Hi," Maeve said lamely.

Tuesday laughed again and stepped closer, noticing the way Maeve's cheek had blushed a light shade of pink, "Good morning."