Rise, Sister II/II

Start from the beginning

Now we looked to Dean, arguably the oldest and often considered the final say on hid word. He too, shook his head.
"Risky one punch knock out...or bring back our MVP? I dont know man..." He sadly lifted his gaze to his sister again, a look I recognized all too well from myself, "I'd rather at least still have a body to burn..."
Hazel lowered her face with a nod.

There was an unspoken agreement then, and no matter what it was, my heart sank yet again.
"Ok...." I breathed out in the most reluctant resolution ever, "Then I have preparations to make."

☆☆☆☆☆

{Dean}

Cas just walked right out, like before, only this time with the purpose of going through with it. Aside from my own grief, I hurt for him too. This was incredibly unfair. But we needed help, or the whole ship was sinking.

I caught myself biting my lips, distracted, when Hazel snuck up beside me, Sam also closing in. We'd had our fun the other tonight together, or I would've suggested we drink ourselves stupid tonight. Instead, I boldly grabbed at her to embrace. Sam joined, and thank God he did because I began to tremble.

"Thank you..." she whispered between us, at which we pulled off.

"For what, Haze?" Sam choked, he was trying to keep a stiff lip.

"For...letting me do this. For not...being the over protective big brothers you always are."

Sammy and me both had to let a bitter chuckle out. "I thought we were your little brothers," he said.

She rolled her eyes at us. I was going to miss that.
"That's never really been true, has it?"

Sam ruffled her hair.
"So...last night on earth, what do you wanna do?" he practically gasped out, trying not to crack.

"Yeah," I blurted almost desperately cheerful, "tear it up at the bar, or-or ....I-I don't know, what you think?"

She grinned without teeth, almost in pity it seemed. Eerily at peace.
"You know, I was thinking we'd just...stay here? Nice dinner, movie marathon, that sorta thing. "

Sam exhaled loudly.
"Sure! Uh...I'll run to the store," he said, moving to head for the garage before stopping himself, "what do you want?"

"Doesn't matter, Sammy," she said sweetly, "as long as Dean cooks."

With a nod and causal goodbye our brother took off. As if nothing was wrong. Leaving my sister, my only sister, and I alone in heaviness.
While I stared at my feet on the tile, I could feel her eyes on me. Castiel wasn't the only one enamored with that golden stare of hers. Seer or not, she was always looking right into your core. Taking in everyone's problems as if she didn't have her own.
That stare burned me for several minutes, or maybe seconds; I didn't know. Impaled by it until it crept up in front of me, where her shorter self could look right up into my face and I couldn't hide.
"Dean..." she said quietly.

Every muscle in my face was tight, trying to keep it together as I finally looked at her.
"Yeah?"

"I know this sucks," she empathized, "But its gonna be okay."

"You don't know that," I argued weakly with a head shake, "it could be for nothing. It could change nothing."
She opened her mouth to argue but I wasn't finished. The woman had a way of getting people to vomit their heart out.
"I-Im not saying I change my mind, ok? This is all we got right now but...It's not gonna be ok. If we win...there's still a world without you in it. Or heaven, or hell....I-Im gonna spend the rest of my life wondering what the hell happened to you if we can't get you back..."