christmas joy

(5 years ago)

Sapnap and Wilbur squealed like little girls as the ran down the stairs to see a small lounge filled with wrapped up gifts. in the corner stood a little but beautiful tree. two women sat on the couch with smiles on their faces as they waited to see their boys faces light up with joy.

just like Karl and willows mothers, Sapnap and Wilbur's mothers had been best friends for over 20 years now. after they both went through divorces, their financial state started to deteriorate, when Sapnap and Wil were 5 years old, their mothers decided to move in together to help each other out. the young pair would cause mischief all the time and had the most fun they ever did. in school however, they had very different friend groups, Sapnap was a high school jock who walked round the school with his large muscles on show, knowing he had all of the girls attention. whereas Wil was a more quiet kid who would stay afterschool for music lessons on his guitar. Sapnap was very different at home, he would sit on his bed opposite Wilbur's and listen to Wilbur play his music, he would sometimes start to sing to the tune without realising, but got embarrassed when Wilbur would tell him how good he is.

As they began unwrapping their final presents, their parents gave each other a look and started walking into the kitchen. The boys looked at each other confused, but chose to shrug it off and carry on opening their presents. A few minutes later, Wilbur's mom came back and told the boys to close their eyes, without hesitation they followed their instructions, Sapnap giggled excitedly like he was 3 again instead of 13. they heard their mothers whisper to each other from the other room, then heard footsteps coming closer to them. "Andddd open" their mothers said in sync. The boys quickly removed their hands from over their eyes to see a small kitten lay infront of them. They both gasped at the sight and began to pet their new animal. Their smiles were planted on their faces for days after, as they started to learn more and more about their new feline friend. They agreed on the name patches as they saw the multiple spots of brown on her soft fur. Sapnap loved her dearly, and so did wil, but sapnap and patches just had this bond with her that no one else could have, patches refused to sleep anywhere else but sapnaps bed, she would only respond the sapnaps voice and would pur loudly whenever he was near. She was an emotional support for sapnap, a break from his toxic friends and school in general.

(Present day)

Sapnap sat in his small, isolated bedroom. Boxes covered the floor as him and his mom had just moved into a house of their own. It was a very small house, but he didn't mind. The first few nights were tough, he missed taking to Wil until both of them drifted to sleep, he missed listening to Wilbur strumming his guitar, he missed company. Patches brushed against his face to comfort him, she would always be able to sense when there was something wrong, and always knew how to make sapnap better. This time, however, he felt like nothing could make him better. Dried tears covered his cheeks and puffy eye bags. The only form of decorations for his room he was motivated to unpack from the boxes was a singular grey clock that Wilbur had given him as a gift on his previous birthday. It lit up when you made noise, which sapnap found so cool. He lay on his bed just staring at the minutes tick by. It was Monday, although he didn't go to the same school as Wilbur anymore, he hated the thought of setting foot in the building. Luckily, his acting skills mixed with his mothers gullible personality got him the day off school as he was 'too sick'.