"But?" He asked.

"Raina backed out." She mumbled, "I'm sorry. We really tired to convince her. I even made her hair but she just wouldn't move. Mum, he needs to know. She's his date!" Chloe called out in the car and he sighed.

"Okay, thanks, Chloe."

"Sorry, Mason."

"Don't be. I'll see you guys there." He said and cut the call. Picking up his coat, keys and wallet, he headed out of the house. Not even caring to wear the coat, he walked in the snow, enjoying the little flakes falling like little stars turning to fluff and resting on the earth. All this would've seemed beautiful, if he wasn't so mad at her.

Reaching their house's door, he was about to ring the bell when he realized something smarter than the plan he was going through with. No way was she going to open the door. He walked around the garage and unlocked it by the keypad. Moving stealthily around her car, he reached the door and turned the knob. It opened.

Bingo.

He closed the garage door and entered the house. Placing his coat on the futon by the closet, he walked inside and looked around the empty house. A gasp echoed and he found her standing by the corridor of the kitchen, holding an opened bottle of beer. Chloe did make her hair and that too wonderfully. Her short hair were given a puffy and the longer front flicks fell perfectly along her cheek while smaller partition of her hair was pinned back with black glittery pins. While her hair looked perfect, she was in a big red hoodie and track shorts. Her feet in comfortable long socks and she seemed like a girl, ready to have an easy night.

"Mason, how..." She started.

"Im not gonna go, if you arent." He sat on the couch, facing away from the stairs.

"Mason, dont argue. I can't. Last party was hard as it is...I... I don't know how to do this." She sighed.

He didn't respond, instead gave her a hot sigh and sat with a clenched jaw.

"Ma-" She started again but dropped her head, standing rooted and thinking. He waited for a verdict until she looked up and inhaled another long breath, "Give me fifteen minutes." She groaned and headed for the stairs. He forced his smile back down and picked up the beer she'd left on the table. Sipping at it, he hummed. It tasted well. The taste was fine, especially when it perfectly chilled. His phone buzzed and he saw it to be a call from his father.

"Hey dad." He answered.

"Mason, where are you?"

"Just picking up my date, Dad. I'll be there soon."

"Well your mother's gathering people for you to meet, so I'm sorry but you have to hurry." He whispered.

Mason rolled his eyes and chewed the inside of his cheek. Maybe he didn't have to go either. He could just stay here with Raina and play some Call Of Duty.

"Yeah. Okay." He breathed. His father released a similar sound and then cut the call. He sipped at the beer some more, letting the cool liquid, ease his mind a bit. The mere irritation of the many little things in life were slowly getting to him and all he wanted was a nice night out. Taking Raina meant just that. A good time with a good friend and some, probably exciting moments, especially when he could show her around a black tie party hall. He finished the beer and went to the kitchen to dispose it off in the recycle bin.

He was only returning after having done so when he heard heels clicking and looked up from his phone to who stood in front of him. She was no longer the rough and gruff Raina. In front of him was a slender woman in navy blue satin gown with a deep v-neckline that had thin straps tying around her neck, while the fitting yet loose torso was flared into a flow, floor length skirt that seemed to have a a-line cut on her right leg. She was wearing a locket around her neck with a diamond sparkling in the pendant and her ears sparkled the same shame shiny studs. Her face had a bit of make up with thick mascara lashes, silvery grey smokey eyes and a dark lip colour.