2.5

Wooyoung's Mind

My head was all empty. My eyes shut and my body went weak like jelly. I remembered smoke flying into my face. And I remembered..i remembered something...

10 years ago...
Wooyoung's age:10

I walked through the aisles of the department store holding my mother's soft hand.

"Wooyoung sweetie, what do you want to eat for breakfast?"
She asked.

"How about cereal, eomma? Then you won't have to cook and work so much just to make breakfast."

"You're very thoughtful, Wooyoung. But eomma is okay with making food for you. So, tell me what you want,hm?"

"...Okay then.. how about gimbap?"

"Okay! Now, let's search for the things we need to make gimbap."

I didn't talk for a while until I started,

"I love you,eomma!"

She smiled at me ever so sweetly. She was going to respond to me but her eyes darted around as we heard an alarming siren in the department store. The store turned blood red as the siren turned on. She looked at the end of the aisles and saw people running for their life. There, her pupils dilated at the sight of a big fire.

"Run."
She told me.

She picked me up and she ran as fast as she could. She had never ran this fast before. As soon as we were almost reaching the fire exit, we stopped. We heard a woman screaming in pain. Eomma looked at me and then back at the woman in pain. She put me down and bent down to my eye level.

"Wooyoung. I want you to run. Run as fast as you can. Don't look behind."

"But,Eo-"

"Do. It."

She said firmly. I cried but i started to run to the exit anyway. Then she shouted,

"WOOYOUNG! WAIT!"

So i did. I stopped and turned.

"I love you Wooyoung."

I cried and continued running towards the exit. I looked back to see that the woman who was screaming had got out of the shelves that caught her foot and limping fast towards the exit. That means Eomma saved her but...

Where's Eomma..?

It turned black again. I woke up, seeing myself in a white outfit. I realised that I was in the hospital. Usually, family members will be placed in bed side by side. But Eomma wasn't there.

"Eo..mma? Eomma..? EOMMA!"
I screamed.

I was screaming for her over and over again. The nurses and doctor came over to me and held me down because they wouldn't let me walk out my bed for some reason.

And my eyes open immediately.

To Be Continued...

A/N:
This chapter was based on what Wooyoung flashbacked when San literally smoked in his face😔👌