prologue

Madame Ping is an NPC located in Liyue Harbor, during the day. She can be found during daytime at Yuijing Terrace, admiring the Glaze Lilies.

Madame Ping's introductory dialogue changes slightly after completing Chapter 1, Act 2: Archon Quest.

Following a certain dialogue branch for the first time gives Glaze Lily × 5.

Madame Ping is an adeptus, as well as the keeper of the Cleansing  Bell. She lives in a magical ceramic teapot, a Domain.

In the past, Madame Ping was a "vain beauty" who often eyed the Cleansing Bell, then owned by Morax. He eventually gave in and gifted it to her, but told her that if someone were to retrieve the bell, she shouldn't be reluctant to part with it. At some point after Liyue Harbor was established, she decided to settle there, even after all of her fellow adepti besides Ganyu retreated Jueyun Karst to and hid from mortal eyes.

Zhongli tasks the Traveler to retrieve the Cleansing Bell from Madame Ping for the Rite of Parting, a traditional ceremony to bid farewell to adepti. For his own reasons, he opts not to accompany them to visit Madame Ping and refuses to divulge his reasons why. While retrieving the Bell from her, she transports them into her magical teapot as a test, revealing herself as an adeptus. After they successfully retrieve the Bell, she asks them to relay a message to her "old friend" (Zhongli), inviting him over for a pot of tea.

Madame Ping later reappears with her fellow adepti in "Turning Point" to defend Liyue Harbor from Osial, the Overlord of the Vortex — an ancient god whom Morax sealed long ago in the past, as well as prevent the Fatui from destroying the Guizhong Ballistas. She grants the Traveler her adeptal energy which allows the Traveler to release intermittent shockwaves, which are the only offensive effect in the fight.

After the dust settles, she speaks briefly with the group. She voices her acknowledgement of Liyue and its people and Ningguang's great sacrifice, as well as the new era Liyue is approaching — where the residents of Liyue no longer need the adepti's protection for every trifling matter. She encourages her friends to do the same, and reassures them that Liyue is left in good hands of the Liyue Qixing.

Madame Ping spends most of her time solemnly reminiscing the past, and often admiring the flowers. She is one of the more open-minded adepti, acknowledging Liyue Harbor and its people, as well as Ningguang's great sacrifice of her life's work, the Jade Chamber.

Madame Ping hides a more aggressive side; if you ask her if she is one of the Fatui, after questioning your intelligence, she claims that if the Fatui "overreach themselves, I will do what I must." When they indeed overreach themselves by trying to interfere with the adepti and Qixing's attempts to reseal Osial, Madame Ping's adeptal energy granted to the Traveler is notably the only one with an offensive effect.

In her youth, Madame Ping herself said she was a "vain beauty", to which even Rex Lapis couldn't dissuade giving the Cleansing Bell to.

At present, Madame Ping is an elderly lady with her gray hair tucked in a low bun. She wears a long short-sleeved dark green dress, with brown accents and mint green patterns. Her longer sleeves that fit under her dress sleeves are white and loose, with matching green cuffs. Her collar and waistband on her dress are maroon, and she wears a wheat colored shawl.