What an asshole. I was fuming, but I forced myself to walk away in the opposite direction that he went. So Laken has a twin? And one that talked about him like that no less, no wonder he was hurting.

Just what happened to you? I felt the sudden urge to protect him and you can damn bet I am going to.

I didn't get to see Laken before class in the end, which left me with an empty feeling in my stomach. In fact, I hadn't seen him all day, and I was really starting to miss his cute face.

My eyes scanned the hallway as I made my way to the cafeteria, but again, I didn't see him anywhere. I sighed as I grabbed some lunch and met up with the guys at our new lunch table.

They greeted me as usual, which I returned before falling silent and just enjoyed my lunch. Everyone was chatting amongst themselves, so I just listened to their conversations as I ate.

My beta, Nate, had his face planted into the table and had yet to touch his food, which was very unlike him, so I kicked him underneath the table, but he only groaned. This however seemed to catch everyone else's attention as they turned to Nate.

"Nate, man, what's up?" Joss asked, poking at Nate who was sitting next to him and he groaned again.

"Can two people have the same mate?" He mumbled.

"God, I hope not, that would be disastrous with how possessive we can get," Liam laughed.

"Dude, what are you talking about?" I asked, and he finally pulled his head from the table that had been laying there for so long, he now had an indentation on his face.

"I think Laken is my mate." My heart stopped, I had to force myself not to leap across the table.

"You think?" Joss asked, just as shocked as the rest of us.

Nate groaned, refusing to meet my eyes. "It's weird, when he was on stage, I didn't feel anything, and when we saw him in the classroom, nothing, but then I saw him again this morning and bam, my wolf starts going crazy."

It was at that point I started laughing, hard.

"Alpha, are you crazy? With all due respect and all, I don't think this is a laughing matter," Blake said, Nate was looking at me in pure horror, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

I finally forced myself to calm down, I should probably put Nate out of his misery.

"Yeah, I met him this morning too," I laughed, but then I remembered what he said and grimaced.

"What?" Nate asked, looking scared and confused.

"Turns out Laken has a twin, a nasty one at that, good luck with him Nate, he's quite homophobic," I spat, I was angry at the boy I still don't know the name of, but I feel bad for Nate, I really do.

However, instead of showing any signs of sadness or unease he grinned, it was his usual careful grin that he always wore but this time there was a sparkle in his eyes.

"Oh, thank god, I thought you were going to kill me for him," he laughed. "Homophobic, huh? Thanks for the heads up, I'll be careful then, don't want to scare him off too quickly." His grin only got bigger but the look of sinister mischief in his eyes nearly made me shiver.

I guess that homophobic brat will get what's coming to him, man, karma really is a bitch, but I am going to enjoy every bit of it.

It was probably too soon to ask Laken about his brother, but I want to know. I sighed, of course I would always respect him so I guess my curiosity can hold off for a bit longer. For now, I want to get to know my mate better.

I wonder if he will let me come over again tonight, I had so much fun yesterday I didn't want to leave, but no matter how much I want to spend every minute with him, I still have responsibilities at home to take care of.

That's just part of being an Alpha.

-Nate's POV-

I thought I was dead for sure, so Laken has a twin brother, huh? Did anyone even know his name? Well, I guess I'll just have to find out and what better way to do that than to just introduce myself.

There was still some time left before classes resumed, I wonder where he could be though. My eyes scanned the cafeteria, where else would someone be during our lunch hour? Mind you Laken was always hiding away somewhere, and I know Damon was restraining himself from finding out where.

I spotted a tuft of light brown messy hair leaning on a table at the far back of the cafeteria and felt my grin widen.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. I think a proper introduction is overdue," I said as I pushed myself up from the table.

"Be careful," I heard Damon say, but I easily brushed him off.

"Always," I grinned, before striding off in the direction of my little cutie.

My head was held high with a wide grin, my hands tucked comfortably into my trouser pockets, I was tied between being a lovable idiot and a cocky prick, and that was okay with me.

The closer I got to his table, the more detail I could take in. He wasn't alone, he sat with 5 other people, that I really couldn't care less about, and by the look on his face that was pressed into the table, neither could he.

Luckily for me, there was an empty seat right beside him just begging to be filled, so I plopped myself down next to him.

"Who the fuck are you?" One of the guys asked, but my smile never faltered as I kept my eyes on my mate, who glanced up briefly in very little interest.

"Hi! I'm Nate," I said, directly speaking to my mate, and very obviously ignoring everybody else.

He raised an eyebrow, but his frown remained the same, what a little grumpy guts I had on my hands here.

"So?" Was all he said, but his voice sent delightful shivers down my spine.

Now that I was closer to him, I could see how different he was from Laken, not only did he have a more confident aura around him, but his hair was also a lighter shade and his eyes had what seemed to be flecks of gold, whereas Laken's eyes were completely brown.

He was also slightly more muscular than Laken, hmm I wonder how he would feel in my arms, his body pressed up against mine.

I had to push back those thoughts for now, first I want to know his name.

"And you are?" I grinned, leaning my elbow on the table, with my face resting on my open palm. My body was faced directly towards my mate, taking no notice of the other guys who were now staring at me in annoyance.

"Kaygen," he said, as if just my presence annoyed him, but I had a feeling it wasn't me that was bothering him.

"Nice to meet you." I held out my hand, but he just stared at it, honestly, he looked half asleep, I wonder if my little cutie is sleeping well.

I gave up on the handshake and just returned to grinning at him, I heard him sigh before he closed his eyes, paying no more attention to me, but that is okay, I'll have all of his attention later.

So, how do you handle a homophobic punk? Hell if I know, but I knew I had to be careful, the last thing I want to do is scare him off, I have to get inside his head, let him make the first move.

Luckily, I'm a very patient guy, it's one of my talents in the pack, Damon likes to rush into things too much, which is why I am his beta, it's my job to support his actions and make sure he doesn't screw up too bad. I am his most trusted friend, and the most loyal person to have by your side.

The bell ringing snapped me out of my thoughts, as I watched everyone raise from their seats and start making their way to class.

Kaygen finally pulled his head up from the table with a yawn, and dragged himself up from his seat like he was running off of his last bit of energy. I wonder what kept him up last night that has made him so tired today.

His gaze met mine, but he just glanced at me with a dead look as I grinned at him. Kaygen sighed heavily before walking away, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

Don't worry Kaygen, I'm a very patient man, I'll wait for you.