MADMAX

im jackie. otherwise know as jack, jacqueline, amongst others things.

I Live in Hawkins Indiana.This is supposed to be the town where nothing happens. But this just so happens to be the opposite, yet not everyone knows.

Last year, one of my best friends, Will, went missing, and then we though he was dead, like had a whole funeral and everything, but it turns out the corpse wasn't him and he basically came back to life, earning him the name "Zombie Boy." Barb Holland also went missing, except for she's like actually dead.

But to make matters a little more shaken up, we met El. She has powers that allow her to control things, but with her mind. Her "dad" is a psycho and is practically trying to hunt her down.

But now she's gone too. We haven't see her in almost a year.

Mike is going absolutely insane.

I'm sure you get the gist now, that Hawkins has become a total shit show over the past year.

-
After a unnecessarily long day at school, I walked into the house to see me sister, madeline, sitting on the couch.

"Hey, where's mom?" I asked as I set me backpack on the floor.

"She's not home. What do you need?" She didn't turn around as she talked to me, too focused on whatever stupid show she was watching.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the fridge, "just wondering." I shrugged absentmindedly.

After madeline let out a small 'oh' of recognition, i walked upstairs to my room.

I grabbed my walkie and turned it on, "Anyone here? This is Jackie, I'm working on my haul right now. Over."

With a small crackle, Will's voice responded. "Hey Jackie this is Will. My moms gonna drop me off and I'm not finished with my haul yet. I'll tell you when I'm done. Over."

I nodded and unburied my piggy bank from my closet.

"Thanks will. Over and out."

I closed the antenna on my walkie and tossed it on my bed.

I opened the piggy bank, dumped it out on my floor, shoved the change into my pockets, closed it back up and hid it in my closet for the next time I needed it, then ran downstairs to slip my shoes on.

"Woah where are you going?" Madeline miraculously decided she was interested in my life, and turned around to see me.

"To the arcade." I tried to hurry and leave.

"With who?"

Ugh, she's so nosey.

"Dustin, Mike, Will, Lucas." I replied with a sigh.

"Ok. Am I supposed to tell mom when she gets home?"

"Yeah. I'd appreciate it. I love you."

Without waiting for a response, I gave her a quick smile and walked out of the door and hopped on my bike.

-