Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers

Start from the beginning

Sirius and Remus were definitely both horrified by that bit of information. That certainly beat out Dumbledore's usual point of view of "family always loves each other." But they all knew that was more of his excuses to keep ignoring the obvious problem with Harry's relatives.

It certainly hit Sirius since his own parents had definitely been horrible to himself and even to Regulus. Sirius was the white sheep of the Black family and that put a target on his back for his blood purity-obsessed parents. If they were not hitting him with stinging hexes or low-powered bludgeoning curses, they were using bone-breaker curses or even the cruciatus curse. They were not going to let themselves have anything less than the perfect death eater children. And it certainly got worse once he had been sorted into Gryffindor and not Slytherin. They would skip their usual punishment charms and hexes and go straight for their favorite dark curses. Regulus saw what they did to him and tried his best to be everything that they wanted him to be. Sirius could never blame his brother for that. He would always blame his parents for the death of his precious little brother.

Sirius knew that if he had not run away and started living with the Potter's the summer after his fifth year, his parents would probably have killed him once he refused to join the death eaters. His only real regret was that he left Regulus behind and could do almost nothing to help him. Especially since with how both Bellatrix and Narcissa were still in Hogwarts as well, they would immediately tell his parents if he tried to approach Regulus during Hogwarts. That would only make life worse for his brother.

"It must be hard when you get cases like that," Sirius says to Olivia.

"I think the hardest thing is when the children are nothing but collateral damage between divorced parents," Olivia sighed. "There was once a case where a pair of twins were being fought over by their divorced parents, but it was not even because their parents loved them. It was proven that they wanted custody of the twins just so the other would not have them."

"Merlin," Remus gasped. "What kind of horrible people would do that to their own children?"

"Members of the Bronze family," Olivia huffed. "A family of hot-heads that care nothing about each other and only themselves."

"So, the entire family is bad," Sirius thought they sounded almost like Greek versions of the Malfoy family.

He would compare them to his own family, but the Blacks were more known for dark magic and general insanity. The Malfoy family were the ones known for their selfishness. Combining the Black and Malfoy traits is what created the spoiled brat known as Draco Malfoy. He was selfish, but Sirius definitely saw some Black madness in his eyes when he saw him while sneaking around Hogwarts in his dog form.

"Not everyone in the family is bad," Olivia says. "Generally, the Bronze family are masters of Enchanted Ruby magic, which is a powerful form of fire magic."

"Not the best combo if they are a family of bad apples," Remus said.

"But as I said, there are those that are not as bad as the rest of them," Olivia says. "My cousins have a friend named Mason back home. He is a member of the Bronze family, along with his parents. But he and his dad are actually alright people. The mother... story for another time."

"Noted," Remus nodded.

"Guess even mystic souls are not exempt from being able to abuse children," Sirius says, seeing that even such powerful people are still human. 

"Sadly, human nature prevents such perfection from existing," Olivia sighed. "There will always be people that abuse others just like there will always be those that are good, evil, or neutral. We may be magical, but we are still human."