Arborvitae

"You look so pretty Lucette!" A quick shade of red flushes over her face when hearing Emelaigne complimenting her. "..Thank you." She mumbles, still embarrased in some way. The dress she has to wear is a little too flashy in her opinion, but she will wear it either way. Her father chose that dress for her. It is a periwinkle blue dress, adorned with shades of gold and patterns of white, embroidered in lilies at the bottom of her gown. The Princess sits down on a stool in front of her mirror, looking at herself. It is not true that Lucette does not like the feeling of being dressed like this, she certainly does like feeling fancy once in a while, but she knows that she will catch all eyes with clothing like hers. And knowing a lot of people will act without manners though still judging her; it makes her feel nervous.

Emelaigne is with her inside the palace, trying different dresses of hers and deciding which one she wishes to wear to the masquerade. At first, Emelaigne wanted to buy a dress herself. The only problem was money. They weren't exactly poor, nor were they rich. They just didn't have enough money to buy a dress since those are very expensive. Of course Lucette proposed to pay for her but they declined. Then Em got the idea of sharing dresses with her, as they did in the Marchen. Although the Ice princess was very rude, the two year older woman still let her use hers.

"I promise you'll look so pretty that Rod's jaw will fall off when he sees you when we're done applying makeup." Her friend giggles at her own antics, while the Princess just smiles, a blush covering her cheeks for a moment when imagining the event inside her head.
They still have quite some time before the ball is starting. Emelaigne isn't even dressed yet, as she can't choose between Lucette's gowns, claiming that they're all very beautiful. She even exclaimed that she'd be fine wearing any of them.

"Emelaigne thinks that Rod will love anything you wear. You could wear nothing but a barrel and he would still be enchanted by your beauty." Sebby chants, the small plush seated on Em's shoulder as he comments. The reaction of her is an immediate choke at even the thought of herself walking in a barrel, her flush worsening. Instead of feeling ashamed like the Princess, Emelaigne snorts, laughing shortly after. Though it is meant as a joke, Lucette questions herself if that really is the truth.

"Well... He's not wrong." Chuckling, Emelaigne walks towards the mirror, where multiple accessories are seated on her desk. Rummaging through the drawers of her dressing table, she eventually returns with a pair of blue earrings and a necklace both made of sapphire crystals. Lucette feels the need to help her friend, instead of Emelaigne doing everything for her.

"Are you sure you won't need any help? I would be glad to help you if I'm able to, or call some of the maids." Her dear friend shakes her head, now sitting on a chair behind her as she looks into the mirror. Putting the earrings on the wooden desk, only the necklace remains in her hands.

"I'm sure I won't need help Lucette. Besides, it's a special day!" Groaning at the thought of needing a husband, the Princess hangs her head forward while Emelaigne fastens the jewelry around her neck. "Because I'm twenty now which is two years older than the normal age to get a companion, meaning that I'll have to choose someone at the ball?" This has been a very much discussed matter in court. Her father wants to hold this ball for her and a lot of suitors are invited. Lucette just wants to be with Rod whom she really loves instead of one of the other nobles, desiring nothing more than the throne and the riches they will get once they marry her.

"No, because this is the day Rod will be attending the masquerade!" Of course. Of course. No thinking about unnecessary men. Just Rod. Assuming he'll have the courage to ask for her hand. He surely will right? Lucette hopes so. It would be disappointing if all Emelaigne's attempts were in vain. The masquerade is an amazing opportunity for such an event.

"He'd better ask for your hand. If not, I'll force him into doing it. I have a plan." A plan? The Princess narrows her eyes. She pities Rod. There's no doubt Emelaigne will take extreme measures into coaxing him.