Chapter 17

Y/n's POV

I woke up that morning with intent and purpose.

I'm going to help the love of my life get his family back.

It was important to me that I do an amazing job reconnecting them, since I have no family left and that pains me. But at the end of the day it's ok because I think about it like this I have Fred and all of my friends.

And that's all the family I need.

The people that care about me, my well being, and wish the best for me and I should accept nothing less. Just like Fred shouldn't of it comes down to that.

But I hope it doesn't.

I got dressed and went to go see how Fred was doing since he was just staring in his sock drawer.

"Babe? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh um yeah just nervous, I haven't really spoke to them normally in years." He told me.

"What even happened between you guys?"

"My siblings always had a perception of Slytherins, thinking that they were evil, cruel, and any other vile thing you can think of."

He paused, took a breath and then he continued.

"My parents always stuck by me and still treated me like a son but I distanced myself because of my siblings. I felt like if they thought I was evil maybe I was."

"You know that's not true, Fred. You don't have to ever think of yourself like that."

"I know that now, I mean you brought out the side I haven't been in 6 years. My true self. I'm just glad you're going to be with me today because even if my family continues to reject me I just know I'll have you."

I blush at his charming words and peck his lips.

"Come on let's get going" I tell him.

He takes my hand as I grab my wand and mutter 'apparate'

We land outside of what Fred called The Burrow and we knocked on the door.

A woman answered the door with puffy ginger hair and an apron on.

"Freddie honey, it's so nice to see you and who is this beautiful gal?"

"Hi mum this is Y/n, my girlfriend" he said as he hugged her.

"Nice to meet you Y/n." She said as she embraced me into a big hug.

"Come sit at the table I just finished making dinner" she said leading us into the dining room.

We sat at the table, whatever she had cooked it smelled amazing

COME DOWN EVERYONE FOR DINNER WE HAVE A GUEST" She yelled out to the house.

The wood floors creaking a bunch of gingers come down the stairs.

Their eyes widen as the see us.

"Fred?" They all say in shock.

"Hey we need to have a talk" Fred tell them.

479 words

Love y'all - Ariella