" That useless fellow, I can't believe they planned to use my son! " My father shouted.

" Because you are the heir to all my farmland in the Village! He was planning to sell them to a college. Since I didn't accept, he wasn't able to sell his land too. By marrying you to his daughter, he can get that land easily. Even if he did this under the desire for the land, why did Anjali support him. I should have known, this stupid mother of yours nearly forsake your life by trusting others! I deserve this! " Amma said and cried again.

I hugged my amma and consoled her.

" I was telling this from the beginning. To not trust your brother. Imagine if we had blindly married off Shiva, he would have used our son's life to blackmail us. This type of relationship is not good for our son and you are responsible for bringing this headache! " My appa shouted at amma.

The last time these two fought like this was when my brother ran away from the home.

" Shiva, listen to amma " My amma said to me.

" What is it? " I asked her.

" We have already given out the invitations. Your uncle won't do anything to ruin this marriage after this now. Imagine what could happen to you and Anjali if this marriage breaks. Also so much of financial investment has been done already.So let's just go on with the wedding. " She said wiping away her tears.

" Amma, you have no idea how much I hate Anjali. She tortured me endlessly using suicide as a threat. She manipulated me to fight against my own friends. I don't love her Amma. I accepted to marry her only because you forced me. She doesn't love me, she just treats me like her possession. Do you really want me to live with such a kind of bitch? " I asked my Amma, my eyes welled up and I cried out in front of my Amma.

" When she touches me, I feel like snake crawling on my skin. She doesn't respect my profession, she was never the right one for me. She wants car, she wants chennai life style, she wants me. And it is really pathetic for me that I have to be with her! " I said and my appa suddenly hugged me.

" Sorry Shiva " He said.

I was dumbfounded on hearing his words. He wiped away the tears from my face and patted my shoulder.

" You should have told us this before. " He said to me.

" If I had told, nothing would have changed. Amma would have still wanted me to marry Anjali. And I being a coward, would have did that. " I said.

" Shiva, I am sorry. Listen to Amma, I didn't do it knowingly. Why would I force you to marry her if I had known all this? " My Amma asked me.

" Even after knowing that her suicide itself was fake, you still worry about the financial investment and not your son? " I said to her in disbelief.

" It's not like that, Anjali is a good girl. I have met her, I have known her for years. That's why I trusted her. I didn't know she was mistreating you. " My amma said.

My phone rang and it was Anjali.

" Let me show you the true face of your niece Anjali! " I said and turned on the call with speaker.

" Shiva, Shiva, listen to me! " Anjali said nervously.

" Listen to what? " I asked her.

" I did that mistake. I shouldn't have lied to you. It was my mistake. Please forgive me, don't stop this marriage." She asked in a sobbing tone.

" You think I would still trust you? Why would I marry you? " I asked her.

My parents silently listened to the call.