Ch.4 The Coolest

■3rd Person POV■

Today Nekoma's going to face Nohebi Tech in spring inter-high nationals. Y/N come to watch with Mami. They meet Alisa and Akane who also come to support the team.

Both team member line up, and then the game start. It was a very breathtaking game. Then the ball was touch by the Nekoma team but it was heading to the journalist area, Yaku runs after the ball and passes it back inside the court, saving it. The ball was hit to the opponent's side and Nekoma scored.

Everyone is cheering, so do Y/N. But when she looks back at where Yaku is, she was terrified as Yaku was being helped to walk by someone. His foot is injured.

Y/N: Yaku san!

Yaku looks up at Y/N, Y/N could feel that Yaku was holding the pain and regret. He's definitely frustrated to have injured himself at this moment.

 He's definitely frustrated to have injured himself at this moment

Y/N felt like crying seeing Yaku's like that. She clenches her hands together, watching as Yaku being taken to the infirmary. She prays so that he will be alright.

Mami: he's gonna be alright, Nekoma will be alright.

Y/N hopes that she can help Yaku because he always helps her. Not long after Yaku came back but he stays on the bench for the rest of the game.

Yaku looks up at Y/N and gives her a reassuring smile that he's fine, but Y/N knows he's not fine. He's not fine because he can't play with his teammates.

Thankfully the game ended with Nekoma won. This means Yaku will have a chance to play with his mates again.

■Y/N's POV■

I walk out of the gym with Mami after chatting with Alisa san and Akane chan. On the parking lot, we saw the Nekoma team member are gathering around the bus, but they don't get on the bus yet.

Then Kuro san saw me and Mami, and waves. We walk closer to them and I greet them, Yaku san looks surprised.

Yaku: L/N, why are you still here?

Mami: I'm also here you know...

Yaku: ah yes, I mean you both...

Y/N: we were talking with Alisa san and Akane just now.

Suddenly Kuro san leans closer to me, and I was taken aback.

Kuro: L/N... you live close to Yaku right?

Y/N: uh... yes

Kuro: well, do you think you can go back home with Yaku in a cab? The bus will take us to school, but Yaku is injured so it's better if he goes straight back home

Yaku: oi Kuro! it's okay... don't listen to this gu-

Y/N: okay!

Yaku san was taken aback when I said yes. I want to be able to help Yaku san too, he always helps me around and I want to do the same for him too.