Secret Brothers..

-(2 Hours Later)-

( (Y/N)'s POV )

As I looked out at the ground bellow, all I could see was earth and dead plants for miles. I looked behind me to see Tifa, Barret, Jessie, Wedge, Biggs, Reno, Aerith, and Marlene all sleeping soundly.

Rude was still driving the plane, with Elena sitting next to him. I glanced in front of me to see Rufus staring out into the distance...my brother..

"Oi, you said you would explain to me about...us." I said, Rufus turned towards me and sighed.

"I did say I would....but where to start."

"So....President Shinra is my father?"

"No, of course not. We share the same mother, I guess that's where I should start. Basically our mother was with my father and thats how I was born. But then, she found another man, who was your father, and the two of them ran away together....I didn't know that she gave birth to you though until way later."

"So you...know my father?"

"Sadly no, their relationship was kept under wraps so only the big bosses know who he is. But from what I heard, he was a very talented turk and was probably the strongest of that time."

"Is there....anything else I should know?"

"Hmmm, well that's all I can say really. That we both share the same mother, but different fathers."

"I...you must've been sad and alone when y-our mom left you.." I said, remembering that we shared the same mother. Rufus scratched the back of his head, before he continued.

"Yes, it was a very sad time for me. Losing the mother I loved wih all my heart, I honestly thought that she left...because she didn't love me anymore." Rufus then had the most pained expression on his face, as if everything he lived for was gone.

"But I knew...she trusted me. She knew that I would grow up to be right. So im sure she left because she wanted to keep me safe...to keep me away from thespian she was going through, and to make it through life on my own." 

"You did well, mother would honestly be proud to see you now." Rufus smiled as I said that.

"If you don't mind me asking, do you know if my mom and your dad are alive or-,"

"Mom died when I was five...she suffered from an illness that was spreading at that time and sense we had no money...we couodnt do anything..and she died." There was a silence between us before I heard sniffling. I looked up to see Rufus with tears in his eyes, understanding his pain I tried my best to hold back my own tears..

"W-what about your father?" He asked, taking a breather.

"I never met him, by the time I could walk and talk he was already gone. Mom didn't talk about him at all, no matter how much I asked."

"I see.." the helicopter made a tight turn as the wind started blowing at us gently. 

"I think mom...is happy right now. Knowing that her two sons are together now.." Rufus and me smiled at one another, for some reason having a brother just made my life better.

"Here I want you to have this." Rufus then handed me a picture, I glanced at it to see mom...smiling happily in the photo with he most beautiful dress I have ever seen. 

"When-,"

"Before, when I was celebrating my birthday one year, I took a picture of her to remember that day. I've held on to it for so long, but now I think you should have it." I smiled and held the picture close to my heart. 

"Then in exchange you can have this." I dug into my pocket and handed Rufus a necklace, his expression shocked as I handed it to him.

"H-huh did you get this?!" He asked.

"Mom told me once, when she was lying in bed sick. It was actually me of the last conversations I had with her...she told me that she got it from my brother....but I thought that she was being delusional because of the sickness. But now I know....it was true." Rufus smiled brightly as he placed it on himself. 

"We should almost be to where we have to go." Rufus said, glancing out again.

"Hey uh....big bro?" Rufus turned to me with a mix of suprise and happiness in his eyes.

"Thank you."

"Ah...thank you too..little bro." We then laughed as a cool breeze touched our faces..

It felt...so comforting...

I smiled as me and Rufus looked out into the vast land around us, happy that I had someone from my family...now by my side...

(END OF CHAPTER)

(This got me in the heart-strings y'all. But yes thank you guys for reading, and have a good rest of your day/evening!! Bye bye!!)